has it happend to you ?

Guest HUSBANDKHAN
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

Over the last few weeks everytime i have banked a cheque it has cleared on the 2nd day after it has been banked despite being told by the cashiers it takes 5 working days to clear. is this new thing that natwest are starting or something else?

Has these chq's actually cleared or have they simply shown up as a credit on your statement?

This has happened to me on a few occasions whereby it has shown up but isn't actually 'cleared funds'.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

It has happened everytime. I paid a cheque in from my own account and 2 days later it was available as cleared where as the cheques were only presented to my account the same day for clearance.

When I was with Barclays they would allow you to draw on a cheque as soon as it was paid in. I think there was a limit (maybe £1000 but I don't know) and it's possible the facility wasn't available to all customers but I'm sure that's what happened. Haven't used Barclays for some time now though (they're next on my list having just won against this shower - see "Any Thoughts and Views Welcome" thread).

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

Thye still do. used that several times comes in very handy !!!! It is only available to selected customers. Normally 6 months after an account has been opened.

Husbandkhan, when you post absolute and total rubbish on the threads, where NatWest is concerned, I will correct you each and every time you do that. Here is the examples where what you have posted will happen. My example which I have posted before in response to you before, is this, again. If your account has been opened at Bishopsgate Branch and the cheque is from a customer at Bishopsgate Branch, and you go into Bishopsgate Branch then it will clear overnight and you will be able to use the funds the following day.

SO I ask you further questions about being specific what you posted. How much has been the cheque? Was there already sufficient funds to cover the amount you were taking out? Did you go into a branch to take the funds out? Do you have an overdraft that you may not be aware of?

Please do not post information that is not concise, because ,maybe with other banks I may not be certain how their systems work, but with NatWest I am 100% certain. I hope you heed my warning about NatWest, OK?

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

The post to which i am replying is the one about barclays allowing £1000 against an uncleared cheque. Calm down !!!!!:lol:

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

Also i have a step account. Which correct me if i am wrong is a basic bank account ? No chequebook,no overdraft. I would personally read the whole thread before firing off !

Over the last few weeks everytime i have banked a cheque it has cleared on the 2nd day after it has been banked despite being told by the cashiers it takes 5 working days to clear. is this new thing that natwest are starting or something else?

Post 1 re-read what you have posted

Yes the step account is a basic account, so how does that make you one of the "selected customers" you refer to in post #5.

Actually I'm not sure I want to know what your answer will be... let me guess... you collect 10 crisp packets and they let you clear your cheques quicker?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Actually for a change I may have been harsher than necessary, is it a new thing? No except for example I posted. Am I still a fan? Yep.

It started as NatWest went onto to Barclays and the example I gave was in relation to the one exception to the clearing cycle when the cheque clears overnight. the rest is just a minor irrelevance

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

It started of as a natwest. Then barclays was mentioned. Then the basic account from natwest came in when it went back to being a natwest thread.

I wish I had never opened this thread, and even more never read it.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007