• Tweets

• The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
    • Doubt the uneconomic write off would be registered, unless you agreed to accept write off settlement of the claim. It is just cosmetic damage. All that has happened, is that the car has been looked at and they realised the repair costs are going to exceed the value of the car. If the car is perfectly driveable with no upcoming normal work required to pass next MOT, your current Insurers will continue Insurance and you can accept an amount from third party Insurers to go towards you repairing the scratched bodywork.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sisters on sick, but JCP has made her go to Ingeus

Casper's Ghost
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

She suffers from panic attacks and has never worked due to being on the sick. She has 3 children one under 2. She has a partner but Ingeus or JC has told her it is up to her to go to work not him.

My Dad has just got off the phone from my sister because she has an appointment today.

She can't go in because her boyfriend has gone out knowing she had an appointment and left her with her son. Ingeus has moaned at her because she can't come in, but they also moan at her because she has to bring in her son.

She can't work, has no expirence. Her boyfriend would rather go drinking with friends a few times a week then look after their children. What can she do? She was denied PIP.

She suffers from panic attacks and has never worked due to being on the sick. She has 3 children one under 2. She has a partner but Ingeus or JC has told her it is up to her to go to work not him.

Which programme has she been referred to ?

Does she currently claim JSA, ESA, or IS ?

The fact that one child is under two years of age means that she can volunteer for the Work Programme (and most of the other DWP funded schemes). "Volunteering" means she can not be mandated to take part by the JCP or Ingeus. However, depending on which provision she has been "volunteered" for, participation may be mandatory once she has signed up.

Knowing which claimant group and the programme she has been referred to will help us point you to the correct DWP issued guidance documents.

Best advice is not to volunteer or be bullied in to participating - Most of these schemes fail to provide any worthwhile support or help and are only really intended to pander to the whims of IDS and DM readers.

Edit: The Work Programme may just be what the boyfriend needs to kick him in to touch with reality and his responsibilities :!:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Oh dear casper, you and your family must be the unluckiest people alive.

Who is making the claim or are they not living together?

I can't see her been made to go to ingeus with a two year old .

• Haha 1

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

She's on ESA and has sick notes sent to whereever they must go. I don't know why she has to get them. She's been sent to Ingeus and not him, he was working but quit. She can't exactly work because she has to look after her two daughters after 3pm, whilst he can because sometimes he can't cope with the children.

She's on ESA and has sick notes sent to whereever they must go. I don't know why she has to get them. She's been sent to Ingeus and not him' date=' he was working but quit. She can't exactly work because she has to look after her two daughters after 3pm, whilst he can because sometimes he can't cope with the children.[/quote']

Can you tell us which ESA group please, as asked by Mr P? Is it the Support Group or WRAG, the work-related one?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I don't know, she only been made to go to Ingeus a few months back, think the beginning of the year. They know she suffers from panic attacks and wanted her to have on infront of them to prove that she suffers from it. It must be the none working one because she wasn't made to go to these work programmes before.

If she has been on ESA for so long I am surprised that she hasn't been assigned a group. My understanding is that once assessed you do not need to send in sick notes (or fit notes as they are now called). It may help if you tell us which part of the country she is in as different areas have different procedures.

She will have to be careful as if she was claiming an income related benefit while her boyfriend was living with her they could frown on that. Could you not help with the childcare to make things easier for her

We live in East Anglia, I am looking for work and have my own appointments sometimes so can't always look after my nephew. I do pick up my nieces from school if she has an appointment at Ingeus and she can sometimes let their grandmother look after him.

Been told she's on ESA back to work which she shouldn't be on.

This is coming from my dad so not sure. I thought they would ask her boyfriend to go to Ingeus instead of her' date=' and they sometimes ask her to go at akward times like close to 3pm. Silly her she sometimes goes.[/quote']

I'm sorry, Casper, I think it's going to be difficult to advise on third hand information. Your sister must have letters from the DWP that say which group she's in, we need to know this because as Mr P says, the rules are different for each group.

As I understand it, your sister and her partner are treated separately for claims, so what Ingeus are asking her to do doesn't apply to her BF.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Paragraph 22 of Chapter 2 of the Work Programme Provider Guidance:

22. ESA Lone parent on the Work Programme with a child or children under the age of 13 can only be required to participate in the Work Programme during the child's normal school hours. It is important to ensure that you have regard to this restriction when mandating them to an activity. They cannot be mandated to carry out Work Related Activity outside of the child's normal school hours.

No ifs, no buts. This means that the sister need not make herself available at the WP establishment until she has dropped her child off at school or wherever else she needs to leave them. She is also entitled to leave the WP establishment in plenty of time to be able to pick her children back up.

Taking that paragraph literally would suggest that since there are no school hours during school holiday times then there is no requirement to participate in the work programme during those times.

This obviously refers to the WRAG group since the Support Group don't need to be there in the first place if they don't want to.

Sounds like the partner is a selfish and inconsiderate waste of space.

By the way, I thought that DWP/WP are responsible for arranging child care facilities and/or paying child minding costs for mothers with small children who are mandated onto schemes like WP.

Edited by honeybee13
Suggesting violence.

Doesn't having a pre school child exempt you anyway?

As HB says, until there is a definitive answer to the questions and not just 2nd hand info it is impossible to give accurate advice.

If you are in WRAG don't they remove the need for sick notes, I know they did with me.

Doesn't having a pre school child exempt you anyway?

As HB says, until there is a definitive answer to the questions and not just 2nd hand info it is impossible to give accurate advice.

If you are in WRAG don't they remove the need for sick notes, I know they did with me.

I thought I read that somewhere too Fletch.

Paragraph 22 as quoted is straight out of the DWP's own Guidance. It is not second hand information. There is no reason to doubt its veracity. Answers to any other questions are irrelevant as far as the point at issue is concerned.

Edited by honeybee13
Removing encouragement of violence.

The Jobcentre just don't understand people's background do they. Could they instead of her going into Ingus call her by fone? My mate has panic attacks and they were ok when they had an interview with him to do this by phone.

Also I totally agree with MR P on Volunteering and that it SHOULD be ur choice if u want to or not. To me it will never make a difference. I have been on Income support for 6 years now and they send me on pointless courses and they DO nothing either! :(

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

They know about her background she has told them about her children. She was forced to go to the JC when she was several weeks pregnant with her son. They knew she was suffering from morining sickness but requested her to come to the JC. She threw up everywhere.

She is full carer to the children, the father goes out whenever he likes. So it should be him going to work. He was working around the time my nephew was born. But it lasted a few weeks due to bullying-I don't know if he was telling the truth.

How can they possibly make her work? Can she actually cancel Ingeus appointments? I need to tell her something that cab help.

As an ESA claimant, she can not be forced to apply for, or take up work.

As for cancelling appointments, that depends on exactly which claimant group she falls in to. Please have a read of: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/394681/wp-pg-chapter-2.pdf (assuming she is on the Work Programme).

Also check any appointment letters for the all important phrases "Please note that if you do not undertake the activities required in this notification your benefit could be affected" and "This activity forms part of your work-related activity action plan".

Note: As an ESA claimant, she has the right to ask for a reconsideration of any "activity" that she feels is inappropriate to her circumstances or health condition.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.