• Tweets

• Here is my first attempt at a Letter of Claim, seems very wordy and lengthy and perhaps there is repetitive information in there? I will forward a copy of the Information sheet as well as a copy of the Reply Form and Financial Statement form with this letter that I will send by email on Tuesday morning.    Subject: Letter of claim   Tuesday 1stDecember 2020   Mr and Mrs Douglas Emble Farm Seahouses NE68 7UY     Dear Mr and Mrs Douglas   This formal Letter of Claim is to recover the debt that you owe me and is required by the court prior to legal proceedings.   As per previous emails I am writing to you to collect the refund that you owe us of £409 for the rental of one cabin overlooking the sea on the 19th– 22ndof October 2020 for myself and my partner Dr Barry Denholm. This debt arises from a written agreement from your mobile number (07776250812) on the 20thof October where Mrs Douglas texted me to say that “I am very happy to refund your money if you’d like to go”. Subsequent to that message we left within a few hours. You will have a copy of that message on Mrs Douglas’ mobile phone but I can provide you with another copy if necessary.    I messaged you on the 20thof October enquiring as to the whereabouts of the refund and did not receive a reply. On the 21stof October you stated over the phone and by email that you were choosing to not issue a refund despite previously stating that you would. On the 21stof November I urged you to return the refund by email and on the 23rdof November you responded by stating that we should refer to your previous email on the 21stof October. I responded by email again on the 23rdof November that given your clear promise to refund us that my only source of recourse is a Small claim through the County Courts and have not received a response.    I enclose a copy of the Information Sheet, as well as Reply form and Financial Statement for you to fill in. The completed Reply Form should be sent to the address listed below or by replying to this email attaching the filled in documents. You have 30 days to respond to this letter before proceedings will begin.    To repay the debt please refund the amount via direct transfer to the account that it was sent from (Barry Denholm) on the 7thof October 2020. Alternatively, you can repay the debt by PayPal (thanhlan.gluckman@gmail.com).    Regards   Dr. Thanh-Lan Gluckman 5/7 Lord Russell Place Edinburgh  EH9 1NQ
    • You've underlined the mistakes yourself, don't beat yourself up too much, we've all been there, just learn to get it right in the future.  Well done on all the reading up you've done to find out how these vile companies work.    Unfortunately I think the 14 days is irrelevant as you've outed yourself as the driver.   An immediate thought is to get on to the gym and push them to get the ticket cancelled.  Now I note the car park is used by customers of various businesses so this might not be possible, however, nothing ventured ...
    • debts still owned by original creditors still on their books don't effectively become statute barred as they can always use offset. in E&W the only thing SB does is removes being able to enforce a debt, so what's the point of court if it cant ever be enforced. they don't bother.   but if read things carefully again...as i said, if there was a debt to the OC they wouldn't be sending a cheque would they..think abou tit..    
    • Thank you for your reply.    Could you possibly explain what you mean by the reg number issues? Or where I can look to understand this.   Am I correct in thinking that I can ignore any contact from MB unless it is titled something along the lines of Letter Before Claim / Action.    If in the eventuality that I do receive one of these, can I continue communication on this same thread seeking advise on my defence / options?   I appreciate you taking the time to reply.   Have a great day. 
  • Our picks

£60k secured loan - Picture>Picture Finance Ltd>Target>Webb, now IDEM.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1908 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

well there most prob wont be if it was defaulted more than 6yrs ago.

All references to a defaulted debt must be removed from your credit files after 6 years

has passed from date of default, whether paid off or not.

{the WHOLE ACCOUNT WILL VANISH, never to return}.

{however, this does not mean the debt itself is not still owed

consider a CCA request.}

This is so that someone who continues paying something

- even after 6 years from default

- should not be at a disadvantage to someone who pays nothing after default

and ends up with a clean file after 6 years.

NOTE: {the bracketted text is not ICO guideline but my advise]

the CO wont show on your CRA file anyway

only on the land registry site

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...