CWAC Council parking fine - close to being referred to Baliffs

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2104 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I have an outstanding parking fine with Cheshire West and Cheshire Council that I can't afford to pay.

I have an earlier one that I also couldn't afford to pay which is now with Jacob's baliffs - so i'm preferring that this later one will be referred to Jacobs soon.

I'm currently dealing with Jacobs with regards getting a monthly installment agreement in place, but all the numbers on the council paperwork for the 2nd fine are for automated payment lines etc, and I'm wondering if theres anyone I may be able to speak to regarding getting it sorted, does anyone know if theres anyone at councils that I could negotiate with regards to sorting out some time to pay or installments?

Regards

Chesterxx

Yes there is. I don't know who, but someone - can't you call the main switchboard and ask for someone in Parking? Or email them, or write a letter. If you can get this sorted out before the bailiffs are involved it will not only be easier for you, but also cheaper.

They are normally reluctant to give that number. Go to the precinct behind the town hall and speak to someone face to face.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I called to discuss - they wouldn't discuss with me arranging any installments and said I HAD to go through Citizens Advice and get Citizens advice to give the council a statement of means - they would then negotiate installments with Citizens advice.

I told them I can supply them with a statement of means and negotiate myself, and that there is really no point wasting Citizens Advice's valuable time over this but they wouldn't budge - so looks like I may have to waste some of Citizens Advice's time to get it dealt with!