Jacobs baliffs for council tax business rates - says i'm going to prison if i dont pay!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bailiff still says will get me arrested and sent to prison after having all my belongings sold

He cannot do this & I agree with Brassnecked that it is time to send a Formal Complaint to the Council about the actions of their contractors. The Council cannot wriggle out of their responsibilities as they are 100% liable for the actions of their Agent. You should also consider engaging the servoces of your local Councillor(s). I suspect the reason why he is being like this is because of the total amount outstanding but he forgets he no longer gets paid commission on the sums collected.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jacobs need to be investigated, they are an arrogant nasty bunch, and if there is any record of what he said, make sure you use it against them. Copy your elected council leader, local member and MP into any Formal Complaint. But make sure you offer a payment you can afford, you are a Can't Pay rather than a Won't pay.. that pulls any moral ground from under Jacob's feet.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Did have. Notification of liability from council for court date in October

My fault ignored it as was talking with voa about re value the commercial property and thought that would have come through before then

As for the Jacobs communications they sent them all to previous business address we had, that had left and never been back to for 12 months

Only final notices have now been hand delivered to actual liability address which is correct one

Asked for letter copies told can't have them from bailiff

He said everything been sent to address given to them from council

Council said that the address we gave them when registered in our liability

Was our landlord who gave the details to the council and it was at the time the address

Didn't realise they had wrong address and that communication was sent to old address

Due to this had no communications from Jacobs

I have a good mind to send Simon Jacobs an email asking for where his employee gets his ideas from.

Worth a pop imho, pointing out that his EA is way out of order and cruising towards criminality with his claims,

would it even bother him though ? When his bailiff was after my car simply as I was on the phone parked opposite a debtor's house where they had already clamped the debtors car, they didn't give a damn when I complained about his bailiffs attitude, explaining that the the twonk sped off turned around and came towards me at high speed swerving away from a collision at the last minute. No Jacobs need winding up.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I would also be interested to know how much this numpty thinks he is going to get away with for his fees. From what I see at present he can only claim £310 in total and providing entry etc is denied he can charge no more. I don't doubt if asked he will refuse to answer and no doubt his Office will use the "speak to the Bailiff" excuse. You can always ask the Council as they will have access to Jacobs records for you.

It's a shame a lot has gone to an old address as I'm sure there may have been some mileage in how creative they will have been over some of the paperwork. After all it is not that long ago we had some of Jacobs Baiffs hand posting Notice of Enforcement letters & just giving a few days for compliance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Found out the fees charge from there head office in Liverpool when I called them and jumped up and down

The Baliff himself refused and just said they were within the government guidelines

Charged 75 compliance fee and a huge 757 enforcement fee for basically putting one letter through my letter box

He never contacted me or tried to contact me but can or he said they can charge me 757 for it

Forgot the size of the debt was so big as the Enforcement Fee may be charged at £235 + 7.5% over £1500. The figures you have been given suggest to me that you nearer £8.5k and not the sum you mentioned in your original post. Of course the downside to this again is them having used an old address.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this outstanding tax for a previous business and not related to where you are now ?

No it's for the building we have now

Took lease from March 1st 2014

Business not open or trading yet

Been working on building and won't be ready to trade for another few months yet

Wish we could do something to stop Baliff from constantly turning up and putting letters through door at all hours

One last night final cut off payment had to be made by 5pm

One last night final cut off payment had to be made by 5pm

Goes to prove his pointless threat of arrest & imprisonement when he does this. Have you made any offers of payment yet either to Council or Jacobs?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Goes to prove his pointless threat of arrest & imprisonement when he does this. Have you made any offers of payment yet either to Council or Jacobs?

Spoke to both

Baliff refuse point blank

Council will accept any payment but says will not constitute any form of offer of payment plan

They will pass any payment directly to bailiffs!

Given everything the Bailiff has done to date you really do need to make that Formal Complaint to the Council CEO, this should be done ASAP to get the ball rolling. Don't forget that if & when the VOA make a revaluation then the chances are the differences will not be great. Whetever you lose from the NNDR will more than likely be balanced by what they come up with for Council Tax for the flat. Also be mindful of the fact that next years bills will be due as from April 1 - only some 5 weeks away so you are looking at being responsible to pay 2 years worth in total.I think it has already been pointed out that revaluation is no excuse for withholding payments, and if you continue doing this you could have problems should the Council take this further as it will look as if you have wilfully refused to pay.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Given everything the Bailiff has done to date you really do need to make that Formal Complaint to the Council CEO, this should be done ASAP to get the ball rolling. Don't forget that if & when the VOA make a revaluation then the chances are the differences will not be great. Whetever you lose from the NNDR will more than likely be balanced by what they come up with for Council Tax for the flat. Also be mindful of the fact that next years bills will be due as from April 1 - only some 5 weeks away so you are looking at being responsible to pay 2 years worth in total.I think it has already been pointed out that revaluation is no excuse for withholding payments, and if you continue doing this you could have problems should the Council take this further as it will look as if you have wilfully refused to pay.

Is the Baliff able to commence removal action what ever that means been getti loads texts from him saying he going to do that

Can bailiffs do that or does it have to be from the council who debt with

Someone said he can get a sheriffs warrant or something from courts to gain access?

If it relates to business premises, they can try to gain access to take enough goods to satisfy the debt and their costs. They cannot force entry, but may try to get if you opened the door to them. They might wait around and if you have a delivery of say building materials, try to get in. Because this is a not a limited company, they will also try to get into your flat to see what personal items you have, which they can take, if there is no payment arrangement made, which is acceptable to them.

If you are looking to start a business within a few months, you need to get it resolved. Problem is that if you let them in and signed an agreement with them, they can come back when they liked and even force entry.

I really suggest that you can get some financial advice locally about what you can do about this. Are you really going to be able to open and trade within a few months, when you have this going on ? Is there any local advice centre for businesses that can help e.g business link. You may have to try to find the full amount owing within the next few months or the council will take this further. They want their money, even if it means you cannot then open your business.