Streamline.net demands problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just joined this forum to share my experiences with streamline.net.

Over a decade ago I had an account with streamline, but cancelled it due to technical issues and appalling support and bad practices with billing. I moved to a new host and things were fine.

Recently though I've been contacted by streamline (Nov 2014) telling me that my account was due for renewal (I have not been a customer since 2004). I checked the domain name of the account and it was relating to a website I had designed in 2010 for a client, who I have had no contact with since the initial design.

Unknown to me, they moved to streamline and I note that they now have their website with another host, but it appears before they moved host, my contact details were provided to streamline, for reasons I do not know.

As far as I can tell, the actual account holder has been paying streamline to host their website which I built, so banking details etc. will be connected to their business, but instead of checking those details, streamline.net have decided to pursue me?!?!?

I have had no financial transactions with streamline since 2004 which was a horrendous experience at the time, and to add insult to injury they are now attempting to extract cash from me for a website that I have never had any dealings with, other than as the initial web designer.

Since I have had no contract with streamline, and that the site being pursued was never owned by me, I am ignoring their emails, including the latest email from CCI Legal demanding payment of £128.98

I hope that they will pursue action in court as I can easily prove that I do not have any contracts with streamline, the website/domain/hosting was never in my control other than the initial web design, nor have I had any financial dealings with streamline.net.

The funny part in all this, is that I have been actively warning users not to join streamline since 2004 by sharing my negative experience with them, so to receive what I deem fraudulent financial claims against me in 2014/2015 just shows how inept and crooked this company actually is.

Since I have not had a contract with streamline in over a decade, the latest threats are being ignored completely until they escalate court action. If they do, I will keep this thread updated.

They wont do anything. They know their terms and conditions are unenforceable. They just like to yell a lot and maybe get a dca involved, hoping youll pay up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Mentalist and welcome to CAG

Your post has been moved to your own thread and, if there are any updates, please let us know.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)