Robinson Way Daily Address History Checks

Jet29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just wondering if anyone else is having this problem of robinson way doing credit report address history checks everyday for the past month?

i have already cca'd and heard nothing back except we cannot retrieve your consumer credit agreement.

anyones views or advice would be really helpful.

Edited by Jet29

yes i've contacted them numerous times no reply

im more wondering about the law etc as they have not requested my permission to access my credit report

and in regards to how its affecting my credit report as there's an address search everday since i cca'd them from 1st feb until 22nd feb.

They shouldnt be checking it every day like that. What are the searches recorded as? Are they hidden searches or seen by any lender.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

never heard anything

just one letter saying they couldnt retrieve the cca from the original creditor

which took them 2 months to send me after my request and

it just said we'll keep you updated no further action.

debt collection searches?

im on noddle there just in the address history searches everyday since 1st feb.

im more wondering about the law etc as they have not requested my permission to access my credit report

Hi Jet, Welcome to CAG,

I am assuming Robinson Way own the debt?

If they do then Robinson Way have bought the rights to update your Credit File but correctly, the default date must not change from the original, the Original Creditor must then remove their default and return the balance to zero along with a satisfied marker.

You need to write to Robinson Way giving them x amount of days to remove all data, if not report & complain to the Information Commissioners Office.

The frequency of the searches are excessive and unnecessary.

A check on who you are should not be visible or disclosed to other lenders.

If you have done a CCA request then this must be either a loan or credit card? Check all of your statements and claim all of the late charges/letter & telephone charges and any PPI if it was applied, please do not use a Company to reclaim PPI, you can do it yourself for free here, any problems just ask.

If you do not have all of your statements these can be obtained by sending the Original Creditor a Subject Access Request, this does cost £10, likewise, all reclaims goes to the Original Creditor and not Robinson way.

Stigman

• Confused 1

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hoist Portfolio are stated as the debt owner which i know is a sub company of robinson way

.in regards to the loan it was at santander for 2 years after default

never heard a thing paid pretty much all it back

then through another debt collection company

then it was passed back to santander

then i received a dodgy looking letter stating hoist porfolio had purchased the remainder of the debt under £1000.

i've had about 20 calls from robinson way throughout december

never answered

then i cca'd them end of december

never heard anything since except a letter as i stated above

about not being able to obtain the cca as the company no longer exists i had the loan with.

thanks for your help.

in regards to the charges

the loan would have finished in 2011

santander have been putting £30 interest charges on every yearly statament

since it was passed back to them in 2011 but now sold on to hoist portfolio.

thanks stigma

i'll sar santander and

i've sent robinson way a message requesting they remove all the address history

checks off my credit report again.

Edited by Jet29

You asked whether anyone else is having this happen to them.

Well Santander recently off loaded 270,000 non-performing accounts to Hoist,

mostly former Abbey / cahoot , Alliance and Leicester , Bradford and Bingley - so the answer to your question must be yes.

Much more important than the address checks [unseen to others, btw]

is the fact that R W [Hoist's subsidiary] are using them as part of the pre-litigation assessment process.

Some court claim cases have started trickling through onto the forum.

I'd be looking at them if I were you, especially if you have assets or disposable income.

You asked whether anyone else is having this happen to them. Well Santander recently off loaded 2,700 non-performing accounts to Hoist, mostly former Abbey / cahoot , Alliance and Leicester , Bradford and Bingley - so the answer to your question must be yes.

Much more important than the address checks [unseen to others, btw] is the fact that R W [Hoist's subsidiary] are using them as part of the pre-litigation assessment process. Some court claim cases have started trickling through onto the forum. I'd be looking at them if I were you, especially if you have assets or disposable income.

Thanks for the reply so in your view it seems like there trying to obtain daily information on my finances to build a claim up against me?

I have no assets

Im living at my parents and have no job since september 2014

and every account stated on my credit report is showing zero both credit cards maxed out.

my only source of income is jsa at the moment.

Sleep sound in your bed then. If you have nowt they can get nowt. They will just threaten you but unlikely to be daft enough to take legal action.

As I stated above never heard anything after I sent cca request in dec 2014 then received a letter stating they couldnt get the cca from the creditor

and no further action was needed until they get the cca to send to me.

then I checked my credit report today and found daily debt collection markers from rw on previous address searches.

just wondered what they were trying to do as I have absolutely no experience or knowledge of debt collectors.

Thanks for the reply so in your view it seems like there trying to obtain daily information on my finances to build a claim up against me? I have no assets Im living at my parents and have no job since september 2014 and every account stated on my credit report is showing zero both credit cards maxed out.my only source of income is jsa at the moment.

They wouldn't need to check your file daily to build up a claim against you, most (not all ) references on a file such as CC/ Current Accounts/ DCA are updated monthly.

I see no logical reason as to why RW would do this, either you're reading the file wrong or RW have a system glitch somewhere.

If you are intent on writing/sending a message to RW, I'd make it formal and ask for the reasons as to why they feel the need to be looking in on your file daily, the formal side helps

if you want to progress to making a complaint against them to whomever, ICO (paper trail and all that). You should also ask that unless a valid/verifiable

reason is given that you'll be speaking to the ICO etc etc.

Any letter sent, send Signed For, and don't sign with your regular signature.

For your info, RW about 3 years ago were phoning me daily, several times a day for around 4 months anything from 7.30am in the morning to 9pm and sometimes later at night, always the same automated reply, in the end I changed to a new number just for RW . blocked all other incoming calls and set it so RW's numbers made it through the filter

and then set up a redirect for them. I redirected it to their own offices. Took a week but in the end they stopped calling. Debt they were attempting to collect on was stat barred anyway.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Wouldn't be writing to R W if I were you. Even if the daily soft searches carried on. They would soon stop though. The less u wave your arms about the less they'll notice you. They can't do much if you've no assets and they've no CCA, but their mail can get irritating.

By all means complain to ICO if you want to be public spirited.

You say you've no experience of DCAs yet previously you said you'd paid one for some time. You ought to have learnt from that mistake what they're like.