Advantage gold fee

stoppaRed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm going through a claim with my sister. ( I am claiming against HSBC) She has an Advantage Gold account which she pays £12.00 fee per month. ( It is supposed to give better benefits) The problem is, they include this fee ( which is non reclaimable) with unauthorised overdraft fee. How do I find where it is or do I just deduct £12.00 off the charges each month?

Nat West changed their policy several months ago and like you say don't state the fee on statements. Not sure if you should just deduct £12 each month though as there have been several increases in this fee over the past few years and you would therefore be deducting too much in some cases. Might be worth checking with Nat West on what dates their Advantage Gold fees increased and then you can work back from there.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

As I make out the charges are:

from

Oct 2002 £6.00

Sept 2003 £9

July 2005 £10

June 2006 £12.

So do I put all cherges into the s/sheet and then pick one paid referral fee each month and deduct the above charges according to the year? or do I input everything and deduct the charges at the end? or do I just ignore it and hope the claim goes through?

As I make out the charges are:

from

Oct 2002 £6.00

Sept 2003 £9

July 2005 £10

June 2006 £12.

So do I put all cherges into the s/sheet and then pick one paid referral fee each month and deduct the above charges according to the year? or do I input everything and deduct the charges at the end? or do I just ignore it and hope the claim goes through?

At the end of the month or charging period they will have something like charges entered and take off the correct amount from each month. The spreadsheet ahs to be accurate.

• Confused 1

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

The advantage gold thread, is one that you can work out very easily, it is idiot proof, I'm the idiot that wrote it!! Does she still have the advantage gold account? It is a good account unless she doesn't use the benefits which would make it a burden on her rather than a benefit. Good Luck to your sister.

My sister has 464 statements. Does she really have to photocopy all these and send them to the court and the solicitors in the bundle?

What exactly do I send to the court? all the files in the bundle on this site? I thought that seemed a lot

My sister has 464 statements. Does she really have to photocopy all these and send them to the court and the solicitors in the bundle?

What exactly do I send to the court? all the files that are in the bundle on this site? I thought that seemed a lot. Could someone advise?

Here are charges from her account. I have written to NW asking for details of when she started/finished the account, as the statements still said gold account on them even when she hadn't. I have had no reply after 2 weeks, do they not have to reply to me?

up to 30/9/02 the statement said unarranged borr. fee £ 14.00

then from 30/10 02 it started to say A/C XXXXX £14.00 ( OK so far) as I assume the description had now changed.

but then 31/12 02 it was A/C XXXX 11.42 (with adv gold on the statement)

31/1/03 A/C xxxxxx £20.00 ( so now I assume this is UAB fee £14 + £6 Gold??

31/2/03 Same as above

31/3/03 Same as above

Then

30/4/03 A/C xxxxxxx £ £5.82 ( Listed as charges and Adv gold printed on the statement

30/5/03 A/C xxxxxx £ 7.50 listed as charges

30/6/03 A/C xxxxxx £ 21.50 ( I assume 14 uaf + 7.50 gold?)

30/7/03 Same as above

then

31/10/03 A/C xxxxxxx £ 27.50

then

30/6/04 A/C xxxxx £9.00 ) assume that the gold fee is now £9)

then

30/12/04 A/C xxxxxx £37.00

31/1/05 A/C xxxxxxxxx £9.00

28/2/06 A/C xxxxxx £28

Can someone help on this please? It doesn't seem to tally up with the sticky guide. I am 2 weeks late through waiting for a reply from NW

Thanks

I have written a thread on the NatWest forum called advantage Gold and Unarranged borrowing which explains everything so that you make it easy for you to work out. It is idiot proof as I am the idiot that wrote it!!

Hope it helps

Just read last comment that is doesn;t tally with the guide, when it is absolutely 100% is within the guide so I will go down each and every charge and explain what is and is not there. First of all the rounded up figures.

31/1/03 and following 2 items you are right adgd with unarranged Borrowing

I do have a suspicion that some people were on an advantage gold trial of newer benefits for £7.50, (I have asked someone on here who had the same question to look into it for me a few months ago but as yet have not had a response). I will edit the ADGD thread as a result of your post and the previous post. SO thank you for listing this charge

30/12/04 by now advantage gold was £9 and £28 was unarranged borrowing.

I hope that helps and I will edit the ADGD thread accordingly.

the charge of £11.42 would only partially be ADGD maybe interest is the rest of it.

the 20.04.03 is a partial adgd charge.

Thanks Natwest. I assume that 31/10/03 A/C xxxxxxx £ 27.50 is £20.00 un o/draft fee and £7.50 is ADGd fee. Then it changes to 28 + 9

Is that correct?

I don't want to send the wrong figures in. Does it matter if I am alittle out on the actual sum,?

• 5 weeks later...

Charges as follows ( UAB + ADV Gold)

april 2003 A/C XXXX £20 ( 14 UAB + 6adgd)

AUG 2003 A/C XXX £26 ( IS THAT 14 UAB + 12 ADGD?)

SEPT 2003 £29 ( WHAT'S THE BREAKDOWN HERE?)

OCT £9.00

nOV £29

aM i RIGHT IN ASSUMING THEN THAT IN aUG IT WAS AS i SAID ABOVE AND IN sEPT/nOV IT WAS £20 UAB + 39 ADGD?

AND IN OCT JUST ADGD?

stoppared no aug 2003 is Uab £20 + 6 ADGD

sept 2003 UAB £20 + £9 adgd

Nov £20 uab and 9 adgd

October yes have you seen the thread on the stickie Advantage Gold and Unarranged Borrowing a guide. I will take a look and confirm that the figures are correct but the October ones are right

Had a look back on that above mentioned thread and the figures I have quoted are correct

I came I saw I helped. I could do no more.