threatened for wearing a t-shirt

Shaun_6873
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I am not new, I have another account but I have forgot my login details also in the past

I have post content which was not acceptable and I have learnt from that mistake and

I am very sorry and it won't happen ever again and I created a new account as I need some very urgent advice.

On 5th of February, I made a complaint against my advisor at Job Centre because she keeps threating me with a sanction

on my Universal Credit claim all because of my gay slogan t-shirt which has the slogan

(NOBODY KNOWS I'M GAY),

she said that if I keep wearing my gay t-shirts then my payments will stop and it will go to a decision maker for a possible sanction.

Then on Wednesday what's just gone,

I received an outcome of my complaint it states my complaint has not been upheld,

I have appealed against the complaint as it's not good enough, the advisors are not my employer.

Can Job Centre do this?

sanction me for a t-shirt?

I always see untidy people in Job Centre with football t-shirts, love hearts, batman etc

but they can wear all sorts of t-shirt but I can't wear my gay slogan t-shirt.

I have been to Citizen Advice and the man who I saw said it's pathetic that they threating me with a sanction because of my t-shirt

and he also said I could go to papers and put an article in the paper,

I also spoken to my MP yesterday (20 February) and he wasn't much help but he did state this in his own words:

''In my opinion, no Job Centre can't sanction you because of your t-shirt,

however you can try to challenge them and if you do get sanctioned then you can get a solicitor involved''.

I always see people in trackies and you certainly don't go to interviews wearing jeans and trackies,

I feel they just picking on me because it has the word gay on my t-shirt.

On my advisor case load, she always has people in trackies but she doesn't say anything to them,

I just want your input or your opinions if Job Centre are allowed to do this to me?

I have appointment next Thursday (26 February) and I will be wearing my gay t-shirt,

if my advisor starts then I will have no choice but to go to Burnley Express (Paper).

By the way, just want to make one thing clear,

I never wear these gay t-shirts at a interviews but I don't see what's the problem is wearing it at Job Centre appointments.

I am not trying to cause any trouble on here, I just need to hear your opinions.

Thanks.

Note: I had a Job at Boohoo for 3 months but sadly got my contract terminated because of my picking performance as I wasn't going fast enough,

I was going fast I could, I only made the Universal Credit claim last month and got my first payment on the 19 February.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but this is different because she keeps threating me, last time I had another advisor and when I told him that I was going to get legal advice, he backed down.

By the way, I wasn't on Universal Credit back then, I was on Job Seekers Allowance.

I am applying for Jobs every day and I am trying to get a Job asap but I shouldn't have to remove the t-shirt while I am attending my signing on appointments at my Job Centre, it's just a disgrace that she keeps going on about it, I can understand if the t-shirt is offensive but it's not.

Why should I wear a different t-shirt? in the work place it's equal opportunities, no idea why Job Centre is making a big fuss, it's just 2 advisors who are making a big deal out this, I had other advisors in the past few weeks and not one of them said anything about my t-shirt, it's just 2 advisors.

I get where youre going with this however for all intensive purposes... I would wear something more subtle...

Its not to everyones tastes, I know you want to stand out, but youre doing yourself more harm then good.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Fkofilee,

I understand what you mean by subtle but they is no dress code in Job Centre, I always see people in Job Centre wearing Football, Batman, Superman, spongebob squarepants on t-shirts but no one bats a eye lid.

I can understand if it was offensive or anything sexual but it's not, it's only stating my sexuality.

okay, just a little bit confused, is the issue that: -

1. you have been sanctioned
  2. you have been referred for a sanction
  3. you are being threatened with a sanction
  4. your complaint has not been upheld
  5. you think you are being discriminated against

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Fkofilee,

I understand what you mean by subtle but they is no dress code in Job Centre, I always see people in Job Centre wearing Football, Batman, Superman, spongebob squarepants on t-shirts but no one bats a eye lid.

I can understand if it was offensive or anything sexual but it's not, it's only stating my sexuality.

Yes but then again those are Subtle... Im not saying dress code, but some people may take offence to it... REMEMBER there are many a type of different ethnic groups that attend the Job Centre.

The JCP have a difficult job in dealing with people, IMHO, i dont think you deserve the upper hand here, I think you should wear something different on appointment days. Buts that all i will now say...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Just wear a different t shirt for the 10 mins you are there, then where whatever else you want away from it. It really sounds like you are doing it deliberately.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you could try calling the adviser's bluff - if he or she threatens to refer you to decision-maker - you could ask him or her to go ahead and do it - that would hopefully settle the matter for good

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Get a job, you'll never have to see the woman again.

Yeah, thanks. No more posts like this, please.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Renegadeimp,

Why an earth would I be doing it deliberately? I also contacted a few solicitors last week but they can't help me as they not involved with benefit things but they did state that I should be able to wear what I want at my appointments and some said it sounds like discrimination and you should go to your local papers.

okay, just a little bit confused, is the issue that: -

1. you have been sanctioned
  2. you have been referred for a sanction
  3. you are being threatened with a sanction
  4. your complaint has not been upheld
  5. you think you are being discriminated against

Yes, this. And also, if you are being threatened with a sanction, on what grounds?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks