Jump to content

eBuyer-can I ask for a refund yet?


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hey guys, my husband bought a load of bits for my PC back in October, but despite sending the motherboard back on its own (no fault detected), then the processer back on its own (no fault detected) and then sending both bits back together asking they test them togethee (processor apparently faulty, we'll replace that for you) we've put it back together today and it's still bust. We're both fed up with it now, can I ask for a refund yet instead of them constantly back and forthing us?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I would.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **


Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first


1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read





2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS


Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you googled for incompatibility issues, StageD? PC's don't plug together like Lego, there are some awful hassles with BIOS versions, CPU steppings etc. Not meaning any offence to Mr StageD, but if Ebuyer's techs can get the parts working then they may not be willing to refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hey AH, sorry I've only just noticed your reply, no idea how I missed this back then. It's a long story but items are listed in a couple of places as being compatible, including eBuyers website, eBuyer themselves updated the BIOS when the motherboard first went back to them. I would have been MORE THAN HAPPY if eBuyer could have got them working together, we felt we were doing something so stupidly wrong in not being able to even get a motherboard and processor to even TRY and boot to post! (Sorry, mini rant, not angry, this has been really exasperating lol) Progress in the last week though which I hope someone can just give me a little info on.


Long story short, they said they'd refund us on Thursday. Assuming that went to the bank their end fine on that day, if I were to call up my credit card company and say to them 'Can you see this refund pending at all' would they be able to tell me anything more than I can see on my online statement? I just want to know it's actually on it's way before I look into buying something new and wont have another problem crop up.


Long story for those who want more info/long story so I can get it off my chest.


So they've checked the two items together again and said 'Ok looks like, despite everything, these two AREN'T compatible. We'll refund one, which one would you like to keep?' So called them up Monday and said we'd like to keep the Processor please. Guy confirmed with me that they would send processor back and it would go to the correct address (another problem we've had; lucky I work at my local post office!) and the refund would go through that day. On Thursday we finally heard from them that they were refunding BOTH items :S


On calling them up it turns out whoever I spoke to Monday did something wrong and despite the documentation saying we would receive the processor back he's managed to refund both items. The lady I spoke to said it was going out their end that day and we should receive it in a couple of working days depending on our bank etc.


... I probably shouldn't post at 4am, I'm way too sleep deprived!

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...