'Voluntas' said they were calling on behalf of our landlord??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My name is Julie and I have a quick question that I hope you can help me with.

My husband and I are tenants of a Housing Association. Today I received a call from a company called 'Voluntas' who said they were calling on behalf of our landlord. That's as far as we got as the woman then put the phone down!

I've looked them up on the internet and it appears that they are a market research company.

My question is that we have an ex-directory telephone number and we have certainly never agreed or signed anything to say that we agree to the housing association giving out our telephone number.

Is it actually legal for them to do so?

Many thanks

Jules

Ignore it. And then complain to your letting agency. Check the agreement for any clauses that say they may pass your info to a third party

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

IMO: it doesn't matter if your x directory, companies only have to obtain CRA files, all the details are there... or it could be you have filled out forms and entered your phone number on the forms.. my farther in-law had a car accident a few months back, all his details was given to his insurer and low and behold... constant bombardment of txt and calls to his home number for loads of different companies. if your info is out there then its fair game.. disgrace.

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

I thought the regulators ruled that the default was to be opted out, not opted in. As with online checkboxes its unlawful to have the default status as opted in.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D