• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

DLC/Hillies and an EGG debt

gaca42
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am reading your comments with interest. Wondered if you have any comments to make on my own situation. I took out a loan with Egg in 2001 and defaulted in 2003 during my divorce. Was contacted by DLC and agreed a repayment plan of £65PM, have been paying that ever since.

I have recently managed to get car finance, and within 2 weeks was contacted by DLC threatening me with everything other than death!! They were really intimidating, and I actually paid them an amount over the phone. there is still around 6k outstanding and said they will call me back this Friday to see if I have raised the rest of the money, or they were going for a charge on my property. Does anybody have any suggestion on how I should deal with them?:(

Regards

Yes. DLC are easy to deal with. Send them a CCA request. For an Egg loan from that long ago, it's unlikely they can supply a CCA and if they can, it will more than likely be unenforceable anyway. Once this is established, then they'll have to dance to your tune. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

There's a template letter in the forum library section. :)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I wouldn't let DLC bully you thats for sure...

Do as Fuzzybobble states and request a CCA, at the same time as this just remember that for DLC to get a charge on your property there are several steps they have to take before getting there.

They would need to take you to court and win (without a credit agreement this would be diffcult)

At this point you would speak with the Judge and tell him what you can realistically afford to pay back monthly...it may be that £65pcm is an unreasonable amount to pay them back each month and an award for much less is made...

At this point and providing you maintain payments to DLC at the rate the court set...well, that is where the judgement will stay, no charge will be added against your property, it is only usually in the event of you missing payments on the ccj that they can go back to court and gain a charge....

So, their threats at the moment are just that, threats and like all threats you should ignore them or turn the tables by requesting items such as a CCA and possibly even a SARs to egg to keep them both busy.

I would strongly advise you to NOT under ANY circumstances talk to DLC on the phone, they will say all manner of things to try and frighten you into making a payment, do not identify yourself to them on the phone, do not give them any details such as d.o.b etc...and when they identify themselves simply ask them to put their concerns in writing to you and then replace the receiver....

If they continue to phone then use the letter for unwanted calls from the templates section and send it recorded delivery to them.

DLC along with Hillsden in my opinion are nothing more than a bunch of lying conniving corrupt buch of miscreants not worthy of anything more than contempt.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

I understand that but DLC do not as yet appear to have the correct

documentation to go forward and at the same time as this a ccj would possibly result in them getting a reduced amount each month from the £65pcm you are currently paying....In any case it is the original creditor that would push the button for court action and they're not likely to do that given your current payment regime etc.

If it was me I would do several things such as write to Egg informing them of the tactics of DLC as in threatening/intimidating in phone calls and at the same time as this I would remind egg of your payment record since default as in regular payments etc and I would cc in DLC ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just had my reply to my CCA request, I sent it to DLC but got a reply from Hillesden Securities!! I reads as follows.

Account Number XXXXXXXXX Formerly Egg Banking PLC xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your recent letter regarding the above account. I can confirm and advise the following:

1) I Acknowledge receipt of your payment of £1.00 in connection with your data request under the credit act.

2) We are still awaiting a copy of your original agreement and statement of account from the original lender Egg Banking PLC. When they come available we will forward to you.

3)If we are unable to forward a copy of the original agreement, we will be able to supply a true copy of the document which will comply with section 77-79 of the consumer credit act 1974

4)We would like to draw your attention to the ruling in the case of McGuffick v rbs judgement dated 6 October 2009 in relation to "WHAT IS CONSIDERED ENFORCEMENT" the judgement stated that the bringing of proceedings is not enforcement. It follows that demanding payment is a step taken prior to the commencement of proceedings and therefore not considered enforcement. We will continue to report the account status to the Credit Ref Agencies as this is also not considered as enforcement.

5) Whist we may not be able to enforce the agreement until the documentation is provided, the monies remain outstanding and the underlying obligation to repay remains intact. In view of the above judgement the account will remain with our collections dept for collections activity to continue.

I wll update you on developments in 21 days if ther are no developments beforehand.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on the contents?:confused:

Yep, do nothing...It is a standard letter they send out, they'll send you one every month.

I've had the same letter now for nearly a year, I've not responded to one and neither will I until such point as they actually produce an agreement.

After a time they'll put another DCA on the case, possibly Zinc collections who in my opinion are another bunch of idiots who will send you a letter stating that their indepth online investigations have revealed you own Buckingham Palace and they want a share etc.

Do nothing where Hillsden are concerned, you've put them on notice you want a true signed copy of an agreement, they haven't as yet been able to provide it and they acknowledge (no choice really) that without it they cannot enforce the debt but they'll try and collect it anyway....yeah right.

Sit back, the World Cup is coming to a TV near you.

You were paying them £65pcm were you not?

It is really a matter of personal choice as to if you want to continue to pay them in th absence of a true signed copy of your credit agreement?

Personally speaking I would not (and have not since my own request to Hillsden/DLC)

DLC send me 2 of those letters each month. Got a nice collection going now. All identical apart from the dates lol.

May just call them and give them some stick now I've worked out how to record calls, and block my number on my new mobile. Should be able to have some real fun with the DCA's with 600 free mins a month lol.

I have a few ideas for calls, so when I get some time free, I may just stop a few of their call centre monkeys from hitting their call targets. ;)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

• 7 months later...

Hi, had a letter from DLC stating they cant provide original credit aggreement because of age of debt, and cant inforce, although they state I am still liable for the debt! is there something else that I should do in reply?

Thanks

They have kinda shot themselves in the foot.

They can't fulfil a CCA request, no agreements means no court action..... just ignore them until it's SB.

I CCA'd them 4 years ago, after 3 years of the standard "we are chasing up your request" letters I got one saying "we can't enforce your agreement but please pay us".... that was a year ago.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Have now recieved a copy of original credit aggreement with what looks like my signature on... they state ( Please find enclosed a copy oy your original agreement, along with current terms and conditions and those applicable at the time of inception. Please refer to section 5 in original terms and section 2 of the current terms, which confirms when payments fell due under the agreement and the basis for calculating the amount of the payments that were due. This now completes our obligations under Credit Act 1974 and satifies your s78 request. And should contact collections to arrange payment!

Could any body advise what I should do next.

Thanks

You need to scan it, hiding your details and post it up so the experts can advise you IF indeed it is a proper, enforcable agreement.

It has been known that DCA's occassionally get confused and feel that a CCA is valid when they are only applications forms etc.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks