Resend SAR? 1st ignored by Lowell

IQBAL1610

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a dilemma. I sent 2 seperate SAR s to Lowell about two separate debts that they said they had bought from two different companies. They were sent on the same day, but botheseparate with a £1 postal order, separate letter, and bothe separate recorded mail.

I have just realised that they have sent two of the same 'getting on with it' kind of letter, but each one was about the same debt. (At first, I thought they had just duplicated this by accident and I would get the ssame letter about the 2nd letter). I have had nothing acknowledging my second SAR for trhe 2nd debt, except the usual threatening letters about this saying they want money etc etc.

Anyone an idea about what to do? Do I:

1. Send photocopies of the original letter and a photocopy of the original recorded delivery slip, together with a letter explaining when I originally sent the SAR.

2. Resend the SAR request with another £1 postal order, recorded again and start the clock again from the date of receipt?

If anyone has been in a similar situation and has had a good/bad outcome I would appreciate their opinion/advice

:confused: 8-)

Okay, thanks. They did not mention that I had not sent enough and the template I copied said £1 on it.

Am going to resend the SAR with a £10 postal order.

Do you think it will be a problem that I sent too little last time?

Hi

I am still confused regarding the whole issue of an SAR request and what a DCA is or isn't required to do.

Could someone please explain, given my initial post above?

Should I resend the SAR and a postal order, when my first seems to have been ignored regarding one of the debts? Or should I just send another recorded letter including a copy of my original letter, and telling them that the 12 days have now expired?

Re the 2nd debt, and the letter they have acknowledged, could anyone tell me whether the fact that I included only a £1 postal order with the SAR for this debt will make a difference? I was told to send a £1 postal order by someone when I posted an earlier thread.

Assuming the DCA can't find the agreements for these debts, what do I do next after the 40 days have expired?

Do I send a letter saying that they cannot enforce these debts?

There is so much conflicting advice here that I am getting more and more confused. Some people say whether or not a DCA can produce an agreement, the debt will still be enforceable.