compete and utter sky mess

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So this one is a big mess, and im gonna try and break it down as basically as possible.

28th jan: sky tv installed

9th feb: chAngeover of broadband from previous supplier to sky to happen

10th feb: contacted sky. BB not working, told would get engineer, 5 days time.

14th feb: TV also stops working

16th feb: 7 days since initial install date, no engineer. No BB.

17th feb, told another 3 days

18th feb, TV gets sorted by me doing update they suggested

18th feb: car stolen from house. My CCTV which runs through BB obviously unable to catch person due to BB failures. LIVID!!!

18th feb: openreach turn up. BB working. (too late) phone not taking incoming calls. Openreach guy leaves and tells me not to worry, will work in an hour....

19th feb: still no incoming calls.

So basically, I calculate my losses as follows...

Line rental 10 days to date £6.06

BB 9 days £2.41

Sky tv 5 days £5

Xtra 2gb data for mine and my partners phone due to using more £30

Travel back and forth to mothers to use broadband each day (40p per mile) only 8 days due to car being stolen £25.60

Loss of use of Nowtv service didue to no BB 9 days £5.96

Xtra charges due to having to use royal mail for some of my ebay posting £2.55

Then we have the fact that I have no evidence of the theft of my car due to my cctv system running through my broadband.

I have lost a car I owe £10,000 on, I assume the car will be valued below that. Causing a loss to me of around £2000

My excess at £150

The ridiculous amount of calls and messages and resulting time on lhone to and from sky to get the basic services sorted.

So essentially what im asking is, what would you do in my situation. Obviously they're not going to pay for my car, they didn't steal it, but they were part of the struggle to retrieve the car or find the perpetrators. My car has not been found.

Any help and advice here would be great.

Thanks in advance

:D

I have lost a car I owe £10,000 on, I assume the car will be valued below that. Causing a loss to me of around £2000

My excess at £150

Check your policy to see if it has GAP insurance cover included, if your policy does then the insurance Company will pay whatever is owing to the finance Company (minus excess).

It is a new subscription hence the install issues. Therefore cant cancel. But thanks for the dismissive tone!

You can cancel under the "Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982".

Sky have breached their contract with you, therefore you have a right to cancel even though a contract for a minimum period has been signed.

Speak to Trading Standards, they will assist you on how to do this, do not stop paying Sky because Sky will place a default marker on your Credit Reference File.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

People seem to dismiss or not realise that contracts are two way. You have kept your side but Sky have not kept theirs, cancel it and go for a real professional company.

You realise that the price you are being asked to pay will be going up by around £10 per month anyway to help claw back the stupid £millions they paid for football.

Still have no phone as of today. What a joke!

As advised above, Contact Trading Standards or the Consumer Service ran by Citizens Advice on 03454 04 05 06 (I know your phone is not working yet & I have supplied a phone number, please call from a mobile, friends or Families landline) who will tell you what to put into the letter to Sky, send the letter giving Sky a deadline to respond send by recorded delivery.

Do not stop your Direct Debit payments until this is sorted because Sky will default your Credit Reference File as non payment.

Also, file a complaint with Ofcom - http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/complain/phone-and-broadband-complaints/

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you