style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I currently rent my home from Home group in the North East. I have received my annual rent increase letter. However it has been brought to my attention we are paying a higher band of rent than a friend of mine who lives in the same size house just 10 houses away, on the same estate but different street. Now I'm not talking a few quid difference I'm talking £30 per week difference which i think is extortionate.

With this in mind I did a bit of searching and found a valuation office agency electronic rent register and found tenancies in my street moving in after us where the rent is shown as £20-30 less than what we pay.

Can anyone advise if I should query this and how I should do so?

thanks for your time!

Lloyds Credit card - £6K - PPI and interest refunded - £1200 remain F&F sent & accepted £360

Lloyds Overdraft - £620 - charges & interest refunded - £188.10 remain F&F sent & accepted £56

Black Horse loan - £10K - £2879 remain - F&F sent and rejected - CCA sent 3/6/13 deadline

Orange - £128 - £39 remain although CRA file states £11

Orange - £132 - £51.06 remain although CRA file states £45

Next stage F&F's to be sent - a step closer to being debt free

Did you rent your House after your friend?

If so then I expect your friend will be on the old style affordable low cost rent, new applicants or applicants that move houses within the social housing system will be on a slightly more expensive rental tariff.

This is common nowadays.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I currently rent my home from Home group in the North East. I have received my annual rent increase letter. However it has been brought to my attention we are paying a higher band of rent than a friend of mine who lives in the same size house just 10 houses away, on the same estate but different street. Now I'm not talking a few quid difference I'm talking £30 per week difference which i think is extortionate.

With this in mind I did a bit of searching and found a valuation office agency electronic rent register and found tenancies in my street moving in after us where the rent is shown as £20-30 less than what we pay.

Can anyone advise if I should query this and how I should do so?

thanks for your time!

Hello Akasha8uk

When did you 1st move in to your current home "the date" and who was LL when you moved in, was it a private or housing association LL ?

Thank you...

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Hello Akasha8uk

When did you 1st move in to your current home "the date" and who was LL when you moved in, was it a private or housing association LL ?

Thank you...

The Op said that they rents their house from Home Group, Home Group is a Social Housing provider in the North East.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

The Op said that they rents their house from Home Group, Home Group is a Social Housing provider in the North East.

Stigman

And I asked who was the LL when they 1st moved in, was it a private or housing association LL ...

The property could have been the hands of a private LL then sold on to a HA, which does happen

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Home Group build their own, I know this because there was an article in "Inside Housing" Magazine recently that said that they are going to miss the end of March deadline on new build properties.

How much of a miss of the deadline I d not know but if Home Group misses the set target by a substantial amount, they could receive a drop in Governance Rating.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

Home Group build their own, I know this because there was an article in "Inside Housing" Magazine recently that said that they are going to miss the end of March deadline on new build properties.

How much of a miss of the deadline I d not know but if Home Group misses the set target by a substantial amount, they could receive a drop in Governance Rating.

Stigman

Really !

Housing association Do buy properties where there are existing tenants in place, Home Group could have done such a thing ?

But we don't know yet as the OP has not replied to post #4

Until OP explains what type of TA he has, with move in dates and whether it includes a mechanism for calculating rent increases eg change in RPI, no definitive answer is possible. The VOA rent register he found is prob the register of fair rents for Regulated Tenancies and has no relevance to Assured Tenancies, where the rent can be raised to reflect the local free market rent for area.

I assume the annual rent increase letter from HA is akin to s13 Notice, so OP had 30 days to refer it to VOA First Tier Tribunal for binding adjudication of rent increase. Neighbouring property rents cannot be judged solely on rent payable, there is the small matter of facilities, condition and date of previous increase vs what Ts are prepared to pay.