very / shop direct finance

tallulah1967
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

looking for a bit of advice ive got myself into a big debt with very catalouge & can no longer afford the £400 month i was paying

I cant bring myself to phone them as ive been receing letters & phone calls daily

I ceased payment in nivember 2014

I know i have ti start paying & can afford about £30 a minth which i know they are going to refuse

ive sent a cca request & today i received a very swift reply

my account was opened on 27th april 2009

they have sent me the following

1.a re-consituted copy of my credit agreement sent to me at the time of opening account ive not signed anything

2 . A copy of my current credit agreement which includes all applicable contractual variations and ammendments that have taken place since opened

when i did a cca previously on another company i had pages & pages of statements

None of the paperwork received has my signature on only my name and adress typed it also hasnt got a signature for a representative of the company

Is this a true copy of my credit agrrement ??

Thanks Lisa

Hi and welcome to CAG

Nowadays a creditor does not need to provide you with a signed copy of any agreement nor do they need to provide an address. Since April 2007 all they need to do is prove that you have had benefit of the goods.

They should have provided a current statement so you can ask for it.

On to the debt itself. Don't bother rining unless you can record the call (you don't have to tell them) Stick to snail mail and get proof of postage at least (this service is free) or send by signed for delivery then you can ensure they have received your letters.

I am assuming this is still with the creditor and hasn't been passed to an external debt collector so a simple letter explaining your circumstances and including a very basic income ang expenditure form to show you are in financial strife should be enough to get the interest and charges stopped. I happen to think your offer is a reasonable one.

Very will try quite hard to get you on the phone where they will state things they would never put in a letter so make sure you tell them that in writing is the only way you will communicate with them.

Here is a budget planner

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/steps/step2/Pages/default.aspx

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE