Delivery brokers, insurance & restricted/excluded items

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've come across something very unpleasant that for me shows the FCA to be a complete waste of time as a replacement for the OFT, regardless of which way you look at this.

Send a MacBook Pro to a buyer on ebay on Monday 16th.

Booked it on Parcel Monkey. Paid for extra insurance.

It was collected on the Monday from my workplace, on a next day service.

Cue the next morning and parcel tracking shows the item as at the Chessington Service Centre. But that's it. I try to find out why it's not gone any further using the Yodel live chat feature and get told that it's been delayed but is due for delivery the next day (Weds). This is clearly bull**** as the status still hasn't changed the next day and now I have to get the recipient to chase it. I also opened a case with Parcel Monkey as they are the account holder for the purchased delivery.

As of today, the recipient has spoken to Yodel who have asked him for the particulars of the parcel so I've given him the description and the dimensions. Parcel Monkey still haven't had a response from Yodel though.

What I find utterly unbelievable is that items like Apple computers and laptops are carried on what they call a "no compensation basis", yet they still let you purchase insurance when you book the delivery, knowing if something goes wrong they won't pay out on the claim.

I'm amazed that this isn't regulated given the terms and conditions of Parcel Monkey state who their insurer is and that the insurer is regulated by the FCA. Surely selling insurance for cover that will never be paid out can't be legal?

Also, in so far as compensation for missing items goes. If people send items that don't fall into an excluded or restricted items list (which is so extensive it must cover 90% of parcels so these companies must be making a fortune off of insurance purchases that actually offer no cover) and they go missing, they would surely offer compensation anyway, so why state these high value items as no compensation even if people buy extra cover for them?

This sounds to me like the next great front page [problem] that needs to be investigated and the public made aware, like PPI and that kind of thing.

I've had to message the buyer of the laptop to explain that if I'm right about this and it doesn't turn up, I don't have the money or access to it to refund him in one go. He'll need to let me pay him over the course of a few months.

I think if this doesn't work out, I'm going to have to take some of these companies down.

Hi

It is my belief that any term in a contract that gives a more favourable preference to one party over another is unlawful.

They knew what they were carrying, they accepted the parcel therefore they are ultimately responsible for it.

Just because they state one thing does not make it fact. I have seen cases where people have had parcels go missing and have taken court action and these companies paid out in full.

Make sure you have screenshots of the items location for evidential purposes and keep chasing them. If you are going to ring them, please record the call otherwise in writing only

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE