style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I just been for my medical. The woman i got was a nurse and seemed nice.

She was questioning me i explained all to her. My limited work capability form i filled in weeks ago. I typed this up because my writing is poor and i cant do it. I feel that they might use this against me which is annoying me.

But she asked me to ask my doctor to refer me to mental health assessment, Surly by requesting this it means i am not fit to work. I was in for about 30 minutes.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So i went for my medical last week 9th july.

I got a phone call today from ESA saying they have my results but they want to call me back next wednesday to discuss them they told me it would be a decision maker.

What does this mean, They got me all worried now. I dont see why they couldn't just call me today with them instead of making me wait a week.

Thanks

So i went for my medical last week 9th july.

I got a phone call today from ESA saying they have my results but they want to call me back next wednesday to discuss them they told me it would be a decision maker.

What does this mean, They got me all worried now. I dont see why they couldn't just call me today with them instead of making me wait a week.

Thanks

Maybe they want to ask if you have been to see your GP about getting help for your condition.

Not my call, but if I was you I would go and see the GP and set the ball rolling.

Maybe they want to ask if you have been to see your GP about getting help for your condition.

Not my call, but if I was you I would go and see the GP and set the ball rolling.

My next appointment i have with the doctor is 28 th july , i booked this before my atos medical. i generally see my doctor every 3-4 weeks since january.

I would write a letter to the GP and take it into the surgery, mark the envelope as urgent and hopefully the GP will see it same day. I have done this before and marked it on the top of letter as an "update" and it has helped and you don't need to wait for the appointment. Just a thought.

So I went for my medical with ATOS 9th July.

I got a call from ESA on 17th of July, Saying we want to book an appointment with a decision maker for 23 July. A whole week later, I claim ESA for anxiety and stress and they do this to me. It is dreadful.

Well anyway i got my call today from the DM. she basically justified me getting declined by going on about incapacity benefit when i have no idea what that is. I got 0 points from atos despite being referred mental health team, and despite my medication still be changed all the time to find the correct balance.

Also they done a peakflow with me, And to be honest it seemed like a childs toy i didn't seem like an official one a doctor would use, Cause she said to me this is the highest peak flow i've ever seen.

I've been told i need to sign on to JSA until the appeal etc has been done.

Anyone got advice they really annoyed me now. I cant believe they said i got 0 points surly. the state im in i should get something.

So my ATOS medical was carried out 9th july. Got results 23rd July. Failed got 0 points in every category. Everything i told them they said the opposite. Ok So now.....

I went to my doctor yesterday 28/07, Told her what happened and she almost laughed cause she probably knew this would happen or it happens all the time. My doctor is great, She gave me an 8 week sick line and she's also writing me a supporting letter for my case.

The main reason i signed onto ESA originally was due to working links stress and causing my health to be bad, The preasues of being at working links and on JSA was far to great and i couldn't cope.

So now I have asked ESA for a mandatory reconsiderations outlining everything ATOS said that was incorrect with the real version and the fact i have been transferred to mental health team. But i was told i need to apply for JSA which i did and was in the JCP yesterday 28/07, I sat down with an advisor and within at least 1 minute she uttered the words "you will need to attend working links" Well I said i cant and i WILL NOT ever attend that work program again. Simply because my health was effected the last time, and i the fact i made an official complaint back in february with JCP which seems to have mysteriously disappeared.

The advisor i seen yesterday started going on about sanctions and stuff if i dont attend working links, So i told her, Please cancel my JSA application then i just walked out. I refuse to be put under pressure with my health condition just so working links can make a profit. And if i ever did go back there i would almost likely get jailed.

What recommendations do people have, Surely my health and previous experience with working links is enough to take me away from them?

I've to see a manager at my local jcp tomorrow. anyone got any advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in february i made a complaint to working links regarding how i was treated by 3 members of staff and their conduct. Well the complaint got sent to the manager at the working links office and one of the 3 people was the manager.

Anyway I then made a complaint to the jcp who took all my complaint and said i would never need to go back there again, I claimed ESA from then until the 24 july where my medical failed. *im appealing etc*.

Anyway, I was told i need to claim JSA and the conditions of that was to attend working links, anyway I told them i wouldn't be attending as the JCP manager told me i wouldn't need to.

But she clearly didn't lodge any official complaints and it got ignored. Not iv relaunched the complaint with JCP and it basically seems to have happened again they aren't taking me serious and are just telling me they cant do anything until i email CEO or something of working links.

What can i do, I'm really stressed out and im going mad.

Hi pcombo

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do. Once you've followed their internal complaint's process and get a final answer, lodge a complaint with JCP, if it still isn't resolved, then lodge your complaint with the Ombudsman Service.

Send it to:-

Mr Phil Andrew

Chief Executive

WorkingLinks

[email protected]

https://www.gov.uk/complain-jobcentre-plus

Also what Ombudsman would it be i contact.

That would be the Independent Case Examiner.

The complaints process is set out in the provider's guidance, Chapter 16 - If you have already exhausted the "complain to Working Links and JCP" options without receiving a satisfactory resolution, you can go the the next stage which would be the ICE.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I spoke with DWP yesterday the site that hold's my "file" and who would carry out the mandatory reconsideration. I explained i had a letter from my GP supporting my case.

I went to JCP to get them to fax the documents to them.

I got a call from a DM today saying he will look at my claim and see if he can change the decision. Was weird cause he said what age will you be on your next birthday, is like some sort of trick question to see if you can answer promptly. normally they just ask for your dob.

How long does this normally take, And will they take my doctors letter into account

thanks

Hi pcombo

I think you shouldn't be overly concerned even if it was a 'trick question', basing a decision on that would be very poor, even for the DWP. I don't think they have a set period, just let them get on with it.

Keep us updated.

Well i got a response from the DM on saturday 23rd, Saying we cant revise the decision.

There denying me ESA on these points.

1. I went to the medical alone. ( i specifically told ATOS i didn't have anyone to come, My mum is a full time carer for my brother who has autism, My only friend who has a car stays miles from me and has a baby to look after so he couldn't come.)

2. I went to mcdonalds and the cinema last year before i even got diagnosed with stress and anxiety.

3. Because I can call DWP and the Doctors.

They haven't even considered my health, the fact im always depressed, tired due to my anti depressants, I cant sleep at night I hate mixing with people and going out etc.

I went to citizens advice because they told me over the phone it was a drop in center to make an appeal. I got there and they told me NO advisors could see me and they seemed quite rude. Asking me questions like has your condition got worse etc. I thought citizens advice were there to help you.

Here is some images of the reconsideration.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2hec5g4.jpg

http://oi58.tinypic.com/10xymmq.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/vpdbvo.jpg

I travelled by taxi to the ATOS medical centre because it is miles from the train station and i have no idea my way about AYR. just like if i went to london i would have no clue where to go for places.

without any additional evidence which directly gives further info with regards to the descriptors, a reconsideration is unlikely to be successful.

You need to appeal. Get the appeal in ASAP and assessment rate esa should continue (as long as you haven't exhausted 365 days of cont based esa, or are entitled to income based esa).

You need to start writing a submission which:

Gives a short history of your condition to the date of the ATOS assessment.

Takes the assessment report to task point by point detailing the inaccuracies. (did you get your taxi paid for - this would show proof of one inaccuracy.

If the report got the details of your daily life wrong, give a paragraph about a typical day, explaining how many days are like this.

Details the descriptors you feel you meet and why referring to evidence.

We're happy to read the submission (minus identifiers) and provide suggestions.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Citizens advice have made an appointment for me for 9th september he said i have until 20th september to make an appeal or something

I did actually send them a doctors letter etc which doesn't even seem to be considered,

ATOS said they dont cover taxi's unless they arrange them, So i had to pay like £7 my own my money.

I went for a mandatory reconsideration when they left me in the WRAG group.

It was only the letter from my CPN that swung it.

The DWP did ask me lots of questions over the phone, and they were very good in the length of time they gave me to get the letter from my CPN she was absent for about 3 weeks, before I could contact her, so they did play ball with me in that respect.

But, I would not have got the result I did without that letter.

Be aware, the earlier you get the appeal in, the earlier the appeal rate esa will start. Any submission does not have to be provided with the appeal.

You can use this form to appeal which you send in with the man recon decision.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/181311/SSCS1.pdf

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Is the ES40 form still used by the job centre.

I was forced to make a claim to JSA today because i need money badly. And cant make an appeal to my ESA until 9th of september when citizens advice can see me.

So they gave me a WS1 booklet and a JSACC form.

But i thought u get a ES40, As you normally hand this to the JSA etc when you come in and it says you must bring this all the time.

I was told I dont need to bring the WS1 form because ill print out "job searches". So how do i identify myself and my sign on etc.