• Tweets

• How much of the documentation have you seen from when probate was obtained? And do you have a copy of the original will? I can't remember. My thought about you making the decision on your own to go with another lawyer is that three of you are meant to be beneficiaries of this will trust, aren't you? Normally you would need to act together. HB
    • Octopus allows you to pay by variable Direct Debit, so you pay only for what you use but still benefit from DD pricing. That's what I've done ever we were SOLRed over to them in July 2022.
    • Hi guys, I am about to file my defence via email as cannot log in to the claim anymore.  Can you please advise if I can paste below and if it's good to go for now, or should I add anything else in?  Thanks!  The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4.  The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.  1.  The Defendant is the recorded keeper of vehicle xxxx xxx.  2.  It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant - Parking Eye LTD.  3.  As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance.  The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner.  Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim.   4.  In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant.  5.  The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer.   6.  The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety.  It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all.
    • Getting onto the ladder: The first-time buyer conundrumView the full article
    • Ooops - one to many also s..... my draft reply should read as:  Thank you for your response Mr Schnur  I set out my position quite clearly in my letter of claim and nothing has changed. Your insurance requirement is unlawful and is contrary to section 57 of the Consumer Rights Act, and also section 72 of the same statute. I would also refer you to the outcomes in PENCHEV v P2G (225MC852) and SMIRNOVS v P2G (27MC729).  My deadline for action - 1 May 2024 - still stands, and if P2G wish to avoid the addition of court costs and interest to my claim, you may wish to respond positively before that date.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The letter is a little confusing. It clearly states you have to attend one day per week. Then gives you three days. Are they saying that, as of 30 Jan, you attend once a week and your choices are one of the following three days? That's how I read it.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal advisor doesn't even sit one to one with me thats the best of it, When i go in the receptionist gives me an application to fill or then puts me on a computer and thats it, i get no interaction from anyone, and if i do need its the receptionist who comes first then goes to speak with my advisor.

The manager said to me, what would you do if the internet went down for a month? I said i dont know. But all they do is put me on the internet anyway contradicting herself.

I've logged a complaint with them to which the manager of the branch im complaining about responded. I responded to her email and she says:

I am not prepared to get into daily email conversations with you to discuss each visit. Your mandated letter clearly states when you are to come in.

It’s irrelevant if *** your Consultant is not here, as previously stated all WL staff are available to assist, in fact part of the Receptionist’s role is to assist customers whilst the Consultants are busy. I have seen your applications forms and it is clear that you need coaching and assistance on completing these and therefore, *** will book you into relevant courses. (I do believe one of the applications was specifically for a computing course).

That’s great you have a Dr’s appointment for next week – please provide letter/appointment card to prove this so we can let the Job centre know the reason for you not attending your mandated appointments.

The letter is a little confusing. It clearly states you have to attend one day per week. Then gives you three days. Are they saying that, as of 30 Jan, you attend once a week and your choices are one of the following three days? That's how I read it.

No I went into the office wednesday 29th, My day was bad enough for other reason, I was going into meet my new advisor only to be told im meeting a manager to be interrogated.

Well now you said that.

Once per week means one time a week and the days you can come in are listed. Might challenge them on this.

It also states ask my consultant for advice, yet she went home before my appointment was finished???

It’s irrelevant if *** your Consultant is not here, as previously stated all WL staff are available to assist, in fact part of the Receptionist’s role is to assist customers whilst the Consultants are busy. I have seen your applications forms and it is clear that you need coaching and assistance on completing these and therefore, *** will book you into relevant courses. (I do believe one of the applications was specifically for a computing course).

Oh dear. You are being set up for a whole bunch of other worthless "courses"... I still maintain that a receptionist has no business acting as an adviser or coach. But if management want him/her assisting customers, then make full use of the opportunity... Don't ask for a pen & paper. Ask for the pen first, five minutes later, ask for the paper. Then another pen 'cos *this one doesn't work...

Have you seen one of these advisers having a hissy fit ?

I have, but I wouldn't recommend you do what I did to elicit the response.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

This isn't going to end well. Is there a reason that you're not getting the assistance you need with your anxiety? Is there a reason you won't apply for ESA?

Trust me; it will be less stressful than the work programme and will actually help you.

This isn't going to end well. Is there a reason that you're not getting the assistance you need with your anxiety? Is there a reason you won't apply for ESA?

Trust me; it will be less stressful than the work programme and will actually help you.

I dont know how to approach the issue, I dotn feel i can just go to the doctor and say i have a auxity issue can i get a sick note. How would i get diagnosed with this.

Well i sign on wednesday, So am going to take this letter with me and question some of the parts pointed out here. I'll ask for a manager in the job centre.

Something was bugging me about this "letter", and it finally clicked early hours.... If you read Chapter 3a of the DWP issued Work Programme provider guidance, on page 8, it states:

28. Please Note: The Work Programme is European Social Fund (ESF) funded and you must display the ESF logo on all your participant facing materials (DWP Provider Guidance Chapter 11 - ESF Requirements (England Only)). You must also display the Jobcentre Plus logo (communication centre) alongside the ESF logo. It is important that you access the most up to date information on logos whenever you make a change to your notifications.

On that basis, if nothing else, the letter in post #5 fails to conform to DWP guidance and could be deemed invalid. A technicality, but certainly an issue to raise with the JCP (that and the use of the phrase "JOBSEEKER DIRECTION").

I dont know how to approach the issue, I dotn feel i can just go to the doctor and say i have a auxity issue can i get a sick note. How would i get diagnosed with this.

Just explain the symptoms you have. Then discuss with the doctor whether it's best to get signed off. Depending on how bad your asthma is, you may also be able to get signed off on that basis.

My printed out "tasks" contain the JCP logo, the European Social Fund logo, my full name and address, adviser's full name, which Seetec centre, their phone number, WP JSA 25+ Fortnightly Review and Progression Record [though it was done monthly]. Date of next review, list of how my benefit is affected if I do not do this or that, name of regulation [Assisting Persons to Obtain Employment..], my signature, my adviser's signature and we both dated it. Moderate barriers.

Had to go in once a week for a non-supervised job search. Was not told how long to stay or which day to go. At one point they came up with the idea customers have to book jobsearch to ensure a computer is available when they come in. You sing in at reception when you arrive [time/date] and sign out when you leave [proof of showing up].

From Seetec's WP customer phone you can not call UK mobiles but landlines. So talked to my mum abroad on her mobile [about possible job opportunities]. Funny they do not bar foreign mobile numbers and landlines.

Looks like the adviser will be sending WP08 about missed job search app when OP attends medical app. JSA will be suspended while decision maker looks at the reason provided by customer for missing WP jobsearch app.

OP will get a letter a week after the missed WP app wanting a good cause for not showing up.

Will have to show that it was not reasonable to re-arrange the medical app, then it is accepted as a good cause and JSA is reinstated within 1-2 weeks of the OP posting the good cause letter to DM.

WP provider is not very nice because if you re-arrange the app in advance, they can choose not to send the WP08 letter [aka grass up about missed app].

Doctor should provide a statement that it was not reasonable to re-arrange the app.

Find out your adviser's and his manager's Working Link email address. Email them to ask that your WL inhouse jobsearch is re-arranged because you can not attend on / / 2014 due to a medical app which is not reasonable to be rearranged. Say in the email "please reply to my email via email within 2 working days".

Attach the printout of the above email to the good cause letter you send to the DM. + evidece of the medical app.

WL got a sanction on their mind but the above evidence will convince DM that OP is innocent.

pencil.png

I have printed this out and will highlight the specified parts and show it to working links.

It clearly stats on the letter, i have to attend once per week starting 30th january to which i did, But i left 1 hour early because my advisor wasn't there and it clearly says on the letter "your consultant will assist you etc" my consultant went home.

I am not letting these bunch of private own idiots control my life.

Also can anyway explain, when did i agree to have working links overrule my DWP work agreement??? I never signed to say i wouldn't follow this and follow what they say.

Also can anyway explain, when did i agree to have working links overrule my DWP work agreement??? I never signed to say i wouldn't follow this and follow what they say.

You didn't. DWP guidance clearly states that any restrictions in a claimant's JSAg must be taken in to consideration by the WP provider. Make a suggestion that WL "consultants" read chapter 3a if they are in any doubt.

Sorry to say but you will have to attend all three weekly appointments with WL otherwise they refer you to eligibility doubt which means your JSA is suspended immediately after failure to attend and it may take several weeks before reinstated. You do not want the stress caused by not knowing whether you sanctioned for good or what's happening..

The WL "mandatory letter" can be interpreted in two ways and they will make it out it means the days and hours listed [3 days] and not the sentence which says come in once a week. A DM will see it is as controversial [and rubbish] so you can argue you did not understand the letter. DM will say why didn't you seek clarifications? Adviser will say client was given clarification and told to come it 3 times a week.

I had JSA suspension twice and believe me the stress is bad. They will cause you more trouble if you do not go in three times a week. Underhand techniques to sanction you. I had a task listed in my action plan which I was never notified about. All because I complained about my adviser. New adviser asked me if I completed the task. First I said where the hell did that come from [to myself]. To adviser I said yes. She asked if it was useful. I said yes and explained why. So it was listed as Completed on my file.

Advisers will claim they handed you notifications which they never did. So keep it friendly otherwise guaranteed sanctions in 2 weeks time. That "i want to see app letter why you not coming so that I can notify JCP" means "I intend to sanction you because you do not do as you are told".

Bet they get a bonus if they get a claimant off benefits [whether it is work or sanction] so do be careful.

The doctor will work with you, WL are working against you. Just go and describe your symptoms; you will be asked to fill in a mental health assessment form (multiple choice) and will likely be referred to the community mental health team for counselling. It isn't easy asking for help but will cause far less stress in the long run than being in the work programme whilst on JSA.

Sign off and apply for ESA.

Go to your GP and get a referral to the community mental health team.

When the ESA50 arrives in the post come back on this site and people will help you with how to fill it in and give useful links. Should you fail at ATOS you can appeal to a tribunal. All of this time you will get paid the same as JSA so long as you send in sick notes (some delays possible of course) and won't have to be a slave to the work programme.

What is the difference in ESA50 and ESA1.

What application do i need to fill in??

It's best to ring up and do the initial claim over the phone. Then when the ESA50 arrives make sure you fill it in with the descriptors in mind.

First fill in the ESA1 please do not fill anything over the phone can be a mistake, I've seen what happened to my neighbour when she filled forms over the phone with the dwp, she was failed on the spot, also they couldn't find copy of the forms she did over the phone then she had to start all over again. The ESA50 she did over the phone when they sent a copy it was totally the wrong form from the original ESA50 of course she failed without even being asked for an ATOS medical. I've helped her filling in both forms ESA1 and ESA50 then post it but I just got tips last week by one of their staff at the processing centre at stratford on posting forms and letters the lady told me never to send anything by post anymore it will take two weeks before they receive anything stuff just get lying there by purpose and each letter or form you send takes 2 weeks each and that is why it can take up to three months to get something processed.

Stratford centre is the processing centre when you've managed to get through to the them after dealing with evil regime of the dwp and ATOS so people work there are different to what you will find at the job centre some will give you few tips and advice. I was told to go to my local job centre and ask someone there to email any paperwork, you must get a name though of the person you spoke to at the stratford processing centre then you tell your local jobcentre you've been told by 'joe blogg' to email document to them I've just got some documents emailed even then they don't see it until a day later.

Get a sick note from your gp stating you are not fit for work or looking for work then fill in the ESA1 enclosing the gp sick note.

hope this helps.

Bump so someone can help.

Have you applied for ESA yet?

I understand what Helen is saying but trust me, ringing up to make the claim will expedite the process and is really just to get the ball rolling. You will need to sign-off from JSA on the same day. Post a copy of the sick note to your local benefit centre (make sure you note your national insurance number). When it runs out you will need to send another one. I got sick notes for over a year from my GP as it was understood that my anxiety and depression were long standing.

Have you been referred to the community mental health team?

Were you prescribed medication?

First and foremost you need your GP to understand the severity of your problem. If it's not too late; try to focus on what you can't do rather than what you can with your GP. If you find them unsympathetic then see someone else next time (but it is important to form a relationship with one doctor).

Hi pcombo

Workinglinks portray that they are out to help people gain meaningful employment, in fact they are self serving, interested in one thing only, their own profits, Workinglinks are owned by Cap Gemini Ernst & Young with other partners. I recently read that they aren't doing well, maybe that's why your getting attitude from them.

Don't be scared to complain.

http://www.workinglinks.co.uk/pdf/4025%20customer%20complaints%20procedure.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure

I am going to apply for ESA today as instructed so by JCP..

I also sent an email to the ESF this is that they said.

Thank you for forwarding the copy of the "Jobseekers Direction" you were issued by Working Links.

The notification you have sent has a number of problems with it and we will be requesting Working Links amend the letter to address the concerns we have via our Performance Management Teams.

1. As you point out the letter does not display the JCP or ESF logo as required.

2. On reading the notification I agree the wording re attendance is confusing, in one paragraph states you are to attend three times a week. In the next contradicts by saying "You are to attend Working Links once per week".

3. You are correct a "Jobseekers Direction" may only be issued by a member of JCP who have Employment Officer status.

I would like to thank you for bringing this issue to the attention of the Department and assure we will work to get these matters addressed. Also, we will request Working Links issue you with a correct Mandatory Activity Notification.

I have also launched an official complaint at JC, They said if i were to ever sign JSA again I would most likely go with Ingeus , the the relationship with working links is done.

I have also launched an official complaint at JC.

high5.gifthumb.gif

Go get 'em tiger.

Also note that the fake JSD lacks any contact info and it also fails to give a location for this "activity" - But WL should get an ear or two bent on all points raised so far.