Barclaycard crippling interest charges

stevenson166
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Stevenson,

As both a/c's are post-2007, they may be more likely to be enforced if court action is taken.

See how the bank responds to your I&E.

Have you asked them to suspend interest and penalty charges in your letter ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Stevenson,

You could ask for an initial interest and penalty freeze for 6 months, subject to review thereafter.

Letters are in the Library for inspiration.

Have you spoken to National Debtline or Step Change seeking opinion or advice for your problems.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I have sent a I + E via email to an address given to me by BC. I did emphasize to them to conduct responses to secure email or by letter and received a phone call today ( i did not answer) i have since re-emphasized the former. I will suggest your response to them ...thank you...I know i owe the debt and want to pay it back but NOT with their extortionate interest rate

As for the advice options..i have not

As for the advice options..i have not

Given the amounts involved, coupled with being a home owner, I think independent advice might be useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up.

Sent off I+E form and got the replies today. one for each card.

I+E shows after expenditure the surplus amount for Debt payments pro rata as a negative amount. i.e outgoings are more than income to the tune of £100 pm. The pro rata amounts to Barclaycard are -£38.18 and -£20.68 they have said in the letter that if these amounts are paid to the two accounts by March 17th then a repayment plan will start. It does not mention amount or timescale. Is this a game ? as i said the amount left for debts is a negative amount and someone at Barclaycard has obviously seen the pro rata amount as a surplus ?

Thanks

Go back to BC and point out that the amounts shown by the I&E as affordable for each a/c are negative, but you are prepared to offer them £1 nominal payments for each a/c.

Tell them you need their written agreement to your offer and you will then pay them.