Jump to content

Yorkshire Water - storm retention tank has caused damage/house collapse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Please can you help?


I have a horrendous problem. I need to sell my house - urgently.


Due to Yorkshire Water's incompetence - I can't. I don't know what to do.


The erection of a storm retention tank has caused one of our terrace houses to collapse and our house, like others in the terrace, to suffer from subsidence.


When did this happen? In 2013. And what have Yorkshire Water done about it.


  • They put up inappropriate, generic temporary shoring on one wall of the collapsed terraced property.

Since then. Nothing.


They have passed the buck to sub-contractors who are fighting amongst themselves and

whose insurers have allowed us, begrudgingly, painfully and reluctantly to pay for the cracks that have appeared in our homes.



Their loss adjustors have treated us like fraudsters and acted aggressively and even rung our decorator to ask them to do a cheaper job on our repairs;

which we consider to be totally unprofessional and inexcusable.


It now appears that the owner of the house, are suing Yorkshire Water.

This will take years to resolve and in the interim our houses get more and more cracks from further movement and I cannot move.


Because of circumstances beyond my control I now HAVE to sell my house.

I asked a local estate agent to value and place my house on the market.

They have just sent me their valuation.

My house has de-valued since the subsidence by over £100,000 due to Yorkshire Water's incompetence.


I am losing sleep, it is affecting my health - I just don't know what to do.


I need someone who has clout to make people do the right thing.


We need:-



  • A full and thorough subsidence survey on our house, with test holes and underpinning if necessary, for us and for our neighbours.
  • A guarantee that any further movement will be covered by Yorkshire water.
  • A structural engineer's report establishing what shoring is necessary to make our properties safe and to put the suggestions into practice; at present the shoring is generic and only supports one wall and not all three walls.
  • The building to be restored urgently, which should be undertaken by Yorkshire water and be separate from the legal wrangling of liabilities between the owner and Yorkshire water.


This feels like corporate malpractice. I cannot make them be fair and reasonable and I am asking for any advice.


  • sad.gif



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...