style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So if they aren't going to take away these extra benefits from the rich/wealthy pensioners like mr Peter string-fellow (who for the record tried, unsuccessfully to pay it back to the DWP) and there are plenty of people like him who don't need these extra benefits,They should cease immediately in their persecution of the unemployed and sick/disabled , otherwise they are biased for votes and nothing else, why should we all have to bear the brunt when they lash out to get support?

Those working /middle classes who follow this con dim idea one day may be unemployed too or too ill to work , they will scream and shout ,but no one will be listening, this needs to stop they need stopping by hook or crook if it where up to me,

Sorry for jumping in, but isn't it true that 5% of the population owns/controls 95% of this country's wealth? With wealth comes power. I cannot see those claiming benefits such as sickness and unemployment being in the 5% category and as such have no power whatsoever even if they may think they have.

It's all about accepting your lot in life and making the best of what the cards turn up for you.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for jumping in, but isn't it true that 5% of the population owns/controls 95% of this country's wealth? With wealth comes power. I cannot see those claiming benefits such as sickness and unemployment being in the 5% category and as such have no power whatsoever even if they may think they have.

It's all about accepting your lot in life and making the best of what the cards turn up for you.

Exactly! Peasants, know your place.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Pheasants ?

I go shooting them things for the pot :madgrin:

I find they're just one more thing to grouse about.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

So surely the asnwer would be for us all to join a smaller party, take it over and then run for election

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Open to suggestions :D

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The problem is that without PR smaller parties have little chance without a high profile candidate or campaign in the particular ward - any secret multi-millionaires here willing to bankroll huge campaigns for each candidate?

For most people in this country, their vote means nothing - it's pretty useless.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I'm afraid I'm simply desperate to get the bloody Tories out, so I'll be voting for 'Tory lite' this time around as they're the nearest main party that stands a chance of usurping them.

If the Greens stood a cat in hells chance I would vote for them.

I'm afraid I'm simply desperate to get the bloody Tories out, so I'll be voting for 'Tory lite' this time around as they're the nearest main party that stands a chance of usurping them.

If the Greens stood a cat in hells chance I would vote for them.

The greens are what seem my favourite party but sadly they will get nowhere, they have policies which should put labour to shame, such as building half a million new council houses.

On the other hand we have the tories even tho there is a massive chronic council house shortage want to make it easier to buy a council house.

The UKIP could be a blessing in disguise as although they are further to the right than the tories they look like they going to take a fair amount of tory votes in the next election.

Problem is I wouldn't be that happy about a labour victory either.

Here is what really angers me tho.

Oxfam did a advertising campaign to alert people to poverty, the tories then got the ads banned as apparently only political parties can advertise that sort of thing.

Yet companies like where someone I know works are telling their workers to vote tory, basically my sister has been told if labour get in power her job is at risk. Like when companies came out prior to the Scottish referendum saying they would up prices.

Ofcom did a advertising campaign to alert people to poverty, the tories then got the ads banned as apparently only political parties can advertise that sort of thing.

The Make Poverty History campaign in 2005 ?

The adverts were banned by Ofcom as being political despite being cleared by the Broadcast Advertising Clearance Centre. The ban was now't to do with the Tories or Labour (who was in power at the time).

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

IT was as they the ones who raised the case, but I think it wasn't those ads as they are way too long ago.

The ones I am talking about were within the past few years.

I found the reasons silly, because basically if someone wants to alert people to poverty its been political? that's silly, oxfam is a charity, its their job to alert people.

sorry I meant Oxfam.

Ah, then you mean the adverts mentioned in these reports:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jun/12/oxfam-ads-poverty-politics-charity-campaign

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30546517

Yes, you were indeed correct in stating that it was the Tories that complained.... Well I've got news for them: Many of the voters are complaining about current policies that are inflicting pain and suffering on the population.

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's old news but it's the intent , yet another hair brain scheme that would cost money and benefit no one apart from the big corporates (supermarkets) this would be unworkable, and would still fail to stop alcoholics using their benefits for booze, yet another tory plan that shows just how vindictive those who hatched this and other plans to persecute those who are poor and sick really are

Not only this but there are other things that have to be paid out of the little money we get, such as Gas & Electric, Council/Bedroom tax, telephone bills,bus fares, unforeseen costs,clothing,

Not only this but not everyone shops or buys everything from the big supermarkets

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29414565

This very true,You couldn't make some/most of the things up that they come up with, I have a feeling that this UC system will fail as well , the IT is a mess and not fit for purpose,and there will be lots of people who will still have to use the job centres as they won't have a internet connection , and i know in my case it's a shorter walk to the local JC than it is to the only library left open in this area , not that i would be using such a connection for inputting my personal info ,(if i didn't have internet) channel4 od has a interesting episode on UC and how it's failing in the Bolton area Dispatches series 159 episode 1

They have a 2 month backlog for everything apart from Sanctions, nice to see where their priorities lie ,not