style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

depression and anxiety will be next mark my words

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed a few:

12) Short bald ones - Male or female.

13) Elderly without private pensions.

14) Pensioners who can no longer afford end of life care fees.

15) Ginger tops - They have to be worse than blondes :!:

Alternatively, scrap all benefits and ship those that can't afford to live off to the Isle of Wight.

You have this the wrong way round you should ship off THOSE THAT CAN off to the IOW

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

When I was on jobseekers the person was trying to be funny about my weight, straight up talking about it but this was long before this proposal, so I can only guess many ppl won't mind mentioning ppl's weight to their faces subtle threats and so on. btw I'm not one of those morbidly obese, just chubby.

Not gonna be pretty when someone snaps or when the person behind the desk is not in perfect shape themselves trying to tell ppl this and that.

Apparently it could save £10,000,000 which yes does sound a lot of money but actually when looked at in relation to the total government expenditure is peanuts

When all they need do is force one tax avoider to repay the tax he has avoided over the past 2 decades and we wouldn't have this problem at all !

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/12/tory-donor-lord-fink-admits-vanilla-tax-avoidance_n_6668528.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The real question is where would it stop. Where would that thin line be drawn?

I can remember a long time ago that there was a original series STAR TREK episode where they were on a planet that was populated only by people who were genetically perfect. If there was something wrong with them they were put into a chamber and well disposed of permanently.

Could this be taken that far... A slight problem in your genetic code and ....sanctioned....

I know going a little to far but it does make you wonder......

Yep the hitler and cronies persecuted the jews and others they didn't like, This tory government ( in all but name ) have done very little except find ways to persecute the poor and sick people of this country, and IMO it needs to stop, they need stopping

I think that 5 yrs in office is far too long ,should the voting public decide that the government of the day are not helping them only their selves to big salaries and too many expenses, snouts as deep in the trough as they can get them,

i am confused as to why they would need to do community work (usually reserved for criminals - unless DC thinks being unemployed should be a crime)

we hear the government tell us how well the economy is doing and all the new jobs being created? so if there are so many new jobs, help the young people into them (unless of course the jobs dont really exist)

also why are there so many NEETs? hmmm... nothing to do with the removal of EMA and increased student loans

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

"Instead, they would be paid the youth allowance, paid at the same rate as JSA - £57.35 a week."

...whilst claiming young people claiming JSA have dropped and unemplyment is down. Yeah, great, work with no job at the end of it and thus putting paid employees out of their jobs. A big round of applause for Cameron

but am sure that DC's friends will make a great deal of profit (obviously non taxable) with the free labour available - therefore demonstrating that the uk's economy is recovering

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

but am sure that DC's friends will make a great deal of profit (obviously non taxable) with the free labour available - therefore demonstrating that the uk's economy is recovering

Oh you are cynical, that is a terrible accusation to make - there are plenty of jobs available, we just choose to not work and take zero contract minimum wage jobs. How can you make such an accusation? The economy is booming, jobs are being created, the cost of living is dropping etc :lol:

I am obese, more so since I have been on various medications and steroids and not working and being active. I was big anyway at 16.5st but am now 19st and yes I am ashamed of it but I do not even eat that unhealthily - I have bloated more due to medication and that cannot be stopped as well as a 6 month perios where all I wa.s eating was junk food. What I do know is you cannot be forced to have surgery or diet - that is a lifestyle choice and all this empty threat of benefit sanctions does is put more pressure on the already crumbling NHS

To me, this seems unenforceable.

impracticable and maybe against human rights, there will be many who through medical conditions cannot exercise anywhere near enough the amount needed to make a difference in weight gain,

As has been said those on benefits certainly in receipt the lower rates such as JSA and pre assessment rate ESA don't have enough money to eat healthy foods And diets don't work, especially without regular exercise

estellyn they probably think they can monitor compliance just by weight? or maybe food vouchers that can only be used for certain types of food?

Ach, I think they know perfectly well that this is unenforceable. It's just some electioneering - bashing the junkies, drunks and fatties who claim benefits always plays well with the UKIP voters they're trying to woo. By the time it doesn't happen, everyone will have forgotten that they ever said it would, if you see what I mean.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The Conservatives are focusing on welfare reforms this week as they draw up battle lines before May's general election.

When have they not focused on welfare reforms? that's all they care about

The tories have not just made it a class war but in my view they have also made it a generation war, give give give to pensioners, take take take from the young.

Ach, I think they know perfectly well that this is unenforceable. It's just some electioneering - bashing the junkies, drunks and fatties who claim benefits always plays well with the UKIP voters they're trying to woo. By the time it doesn't happen, everyone will have forgotten that they ever said it would, if you see what I mean.

I think I agree, it would cost more than it could possibly save. It is just a sound bite for the election.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .