i have emailled the Law Society

itsamomentintime
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

i understand that the yearly rate of interest is 8% but moneyclaims website is asking for a daily rate as well

does anyone know what the daily rate is?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Statutory Interest

1. To calculate the "Statutory Interest" of 8% you must take 8% of the amount of your claim. For example, if your claim is for £3,000 the Statutory Interest of 8% would be £240.

2. Take the Statutory Interest figure and divide it by 365, e.g. £240 divide by 365= 65p (The daily interest figure).

3. Calculate the amount of days between the date of your claim and the final hearing. For example, if you started your claim on the 22nd Sept 96 and the Final Hearing takes place on the 31st Dec 96, then this is 100 days.

4. Multiply the number of days by the Daily Interest rate figure, 65p x 100=£65. This gives you the amount of interest to be added to your claim at the end of your case.

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

• 2 weeks later...

email as follows:

''changes to the law in april ruled that various bank charges (unpaid direct debit fees, etc) were unlawful. my question is, what happens when, after suing a bank for the fees back (and winning), the bank continues to apply unlawful fees to your bank account?''

i will post their response when i get it

HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

Out of curiosity what made you ask the Law Society?

Aren't they the body that regulates practitioners and not the law itself?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

unfair terms act, or consumer credit act is the law involved - if they refer me to a solicitor then i will ask the same question.

post office WON 12/11/06

unfair terms act, or consumer credit act is the law involved - if they refer me to a solicitor then i will ask the same question.

To my knowledge neither of these laws changed in April. Are you maybe getting confused with the OFT report in April on unfair charges?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

yes i am - sorry. bank charges are unlawful. if a person is consistently punished by unlawful charges, the person should be protected yes?

post office WON 12/11/06

yes i am - sorry. bank charges are unlawful. if a person is consistently punished by unlawful charges, the person should be protected yes?

Yes - that's why CAG is here!

The law society cannot do absolutey anthing - you would be best of concentrating on reclaiming your charges. if you need any help let us know.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

i am already claiming the charges back.

people please understand, banks are being sued for the same offence - meaning they are guilty of committing the same offence more than once, twice etc. i am sick of it. they must be punished

post office WON 12/11/06

i am already claiming the charges back.

people please understand, banks are being sued for the same offence - meaning they are guilty of committing the same offence more than once, twice etc. i am sick of it. they must be punished

They are being punished - they keep paying out.

There are suggestions on here on wording letters to financial ombudsman and your MP - use those as part of the campaign.

There is a demo on 1st December in London - come to that.

They are being punished - they keep paying out.

Eh? If somebody steals something, gets caught and is then told to give it back, do you really consider that as "being punished"?

That's why most of them are still doing it. :-|

Lloyds TSB - £3,300.00 + £250.00 from FOS.

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED***

Eh? If somebody steals something, gets caught and is then told to give it back, do you really consider that as "being punished"?

That's why most of them are still doing it. :-|

i agree - simply giving money back that they should not have in the first place is not a punishment

post office WON 12/11/06

i agree - simply giving money back that they should not have in the first place is not a punishment

That's as maybe, possibly I agree with your reasoning. However, the Law Society regulates solicitors and the legal profession but not the banks/financial institutions who are actually 'doing the taking'.

As has been suggested earlier, possibly the best places for your complaint are either your MP, the FO or the OFT (who's original report last April brought this issue to more general attention).

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

itsamoment - drop it with the Law Society - a complete waste of time.

They "regulate" the legal profession. Well they don't. They have no teeth really and its a case of jobs for the boys (or girls) so don't waste your time, paper or stamps.

ok will do - didnt get anything back anyway

post office WON 12/11/06