claimform received -Bmw finacial services ***Claim Discontinued***

zanyhell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Could someone point me in the right direction as to my problem

I took out a car loan in april 2004 from lloyds bank

due to unemployment ceased making payments in june 2006 the loan was for 4 1/2 years.

I have had dca chasing ever since, in september 2014

i wrote to them stating that the loan was statue barred

have now received a summons ,

In a letter to me the solicitors state that the default date is when the original debtor was entilted to demand payment

ie at the end of the loan october 2008 ,

I received the summons september 2014 also stating that there is case history ie

bmw finacial v hart regarding this date, but i thought i read somewhere that this had been overturned

Could anybody tell me what the present situation is regarding this

Ignore them. Its SB no matter what they say. SB is an absolute defence if you've been 6 years with no payment or written back of the debt

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

Could someone point me in the right direction as to my problem

I took out a car loan in april 2004 from lloyds bank

due to unemployment ceased making payments in june 2006 the loan was for 4 1/2 years.

I have had dca chasing ever since, in september 2014

i wrote to them stating that the loan was statue barred

have now received a summons ,

In a letter to me the solicitors state that the default date is when the original debtor was entilted to demand payment

ie at the end of the loan october 2008 ,

I received the summons september 2014 also stating that there is case history ie

bmw finacial v hart regarding this date, but i thought i read somewhere that this had been overturned

Could anybody tell me what the present situation is regarding this

do you mean you have a claimform from northants CCBC?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please fill this out

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

and post up your defence suitably redacted

as advise above.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi yes my defence was that i believed it was statue barred ,

The loan was a car loan

The particulars of claim are

The claiments claim is for the sum of £6873.74 being monies due

from the defendant to the claiment under an agrrement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 between the defandant and lloyds

under account reference xxxxxx

and assigned to the claiment on the 19/10 2011 notice of which has been given to the defendant

the defendant failed to maintain contractual repayment under the terms of the aggrement and a default has been served which has not been complied with

the claim includes statutory interest pursuarant to s69 of the county court act1984 at a rate of 8% per annum (a daily rate of £1.67) from the date off assignment of the

agreement amounting to £71.68 to date but limited to a maxium of 1 year

ok please fill in that link and post it here [completely] please

dx

and they

your defence please

dx

and they

is contentious.

4.5 yr loan term from april 04. so, loan amount not 'due' until around sept 08. bar cld run from then.

unless they asked for the outstanding amount prior. it was assigned in '11 so they must've before assignment.

did you get any notice requesting full payment, when?

s6 limitation act also, if applicable.

It depends though ford. If they defaulted the debt before the time they could call it in happened, then they would have teriminated it themselves. Therefore the SB date could run from the default. However, its likely to run from last payment or written ack. In this case, since there seems to be a lot of argument on here about it, i would speak to someone like national debtline as they would have the latest info on it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It depends though ford. If they defaulted the debt before the time they could call it in happened, then they would have teriminated it themselves. Therefore the SB date could run from the default. However, its likely to run from last payment or written ack. In this case, since there seems to be a lot of argument on here about it, i would speak to someone like national debtline as they would have the latest info on it.

thats what i mean. if they called it in prior, then seems bar wld run from then or last payment since then.

but if they dont do anything prior to its end of term, then seems bar wld run from the end of term when its due.

it is contentious.

there is that boot v boot case which questions s6.

i dont know whether s6 wld apply here.

In the Chester County Court Mr Hart was successful in his application, arguing that the claim had been issued beyond limitation. The Judge, applying the case of Reeves v Butcher [1891] 2 Q.B. 509, held that the limitation period commenced from the date of breach i.e. July 1999 when Mr Hart had failed to pay the monthly instalments. The Judge concluded therefore that the claim had indeed been issued out of time.

The credit agreement in question was a hire purchase agreement. Clause 11 of the agreement stated: “(a). The Owner [bMW] will be entitled to terminate the hiring either by retaking possession of the Goods, or by written notice in any of the following circumstances … (i) If the Customer fails to pay on the due date for payment, any rental or other payment under this or any other agreement with the Owner …”. Clause 12 provided as follows: “(a) If the Owner terminates the hiring or this Agreement under Clause 11, or if the Owner accepts the Customer’s repudiation of the Agreement, the Customer shall pay to the Owner (i) all rentals and other payments which are due but unpaid; and (ii) as compensation and/or liquidated damages for breach of the Agreement, the Balance of Amount Payable...

BMW Financial Services appealed this Judgment and the issue was deemed of such significance that they were granted permission to proceed straight to the Court of Appeal. On appeal it was held that limitation commenced when the termination notice had been served or the debtor's repudiation had been accepted. It was concluded that it was not until this point that BMW Financial Services was entitled to issue a claim for the full outstanding liability under the agreement because until then it had not actually fallen due.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thankyou all for your help

Im am trying to find the original agreement so as to provide more details.

I did send a cpr request to the solicitors and received reply along the lines that that they did not have to provide me with information

I also sent a cca request to the dca in september and to date have not received a reply

can we see your filed defence please

dx

and they

I just said that i rejected the claim as i belivered the debt was now statute barred

You cant simply reject a claim - you MUST submit a defence, even if it statute barred. There is a specific response to a SB debt, but I am not sure yours is if you only stopped paying/defaulted 4.5 years ago !

If you don't submit a defence, then they will obtain a judgement by default.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thankyou all for your help ,

They have backed down 1 week before the hearing ,obviously they don't believe in there own argument that bmw v hart applies in this case

What do you mean they have "backed down" ? Have the advised the court they are discontinuing their claim ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you recieved confirmation from the court?

Well done zany....

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread