• Tweets

• Hmm yes I see your point about proof of postage but nonetheless... "A Notice to Keeper can be served by ordinary post and the Protection of Freedoms Act requires that the Notice, to be valid,  must be delivered either (Where a notice to driver (parking ticket) has been served) Not earlier than 28 days after, nor more than 56 days after, the service of that notice to driver; or (Where no notice to driver has been served (e.g ANPR is used)) Not later than 14 days after the vehicle was parked A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales." My question there is really what might constitute proof? Since you say the issue of delivery is a common one I suppose that no satisfactory answer has been established or you would probably have told me.
    • I would stand your ground and go for the interest. Even if the interest is not awarded you will get the judgement and the worst that might happen is that you won't get your claim fee.  However, it is almost inevitable that you will get the interest.  It is correct that it is at the discretion of the judge but the discretion is almost always exercised in favour of the claimant in these cases.  I think you should stand your ground and don't give even the slightest penny away Another judgement against them on this issue would be very bad for them and they would be really stupid to risk it but if they did, it would cost them far more than the interest they are trying to save which they will most likely have to pay anyway
    • Yep, true to form, they are happy to just save a couple of quid... They invariably lose in court, so to them, that's a win. 😅
    • Your concern regarding the 14 days delivery is a common one. Not been on the forum that long, but I don't think the following thought has ever been challenged. My view is that they should have proof of when it was posted, not when they "issued", or printed it. Of course, they would never show any proof of postage, unless it went to court. Private parking companies are simply after money, and will just keep sending ever more threatening letters to intimidate you into paying up. It's not been mentioned yet, but DO NOT APPEAL! You could inadvertently give up useful legal protection and they will refuse any appeal, because they're just after the cash...  
    • The sign says "Parking conditions apply 24/7". Mind you, that's after a huge wall of text. The whole thing is massively confusing.  Goodness knows what you're meant to do if you spend only a fiver in Iceland or you stay a few minutes over the hour there.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Me and lots of old debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI guys 'n' gals,

If the OC is asking for more details, ie first name, date of birth & previous addresses, are they entitled to ask for that data.

I sent an SAR to Sainsburys Bank & got a reply back fro Bank of Scotland asking for these details. They have kept the £10 and say they can't find any details from what I've supplied them, and they now need the above info in order to proceed.

I am reluctant to acquiesce!

H

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries.

On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures.

:tea::tea:One the other hand......Sod this, I'm off!:tea::tea:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I've scanned in & attached the files I have so far.

There is precious little else from them.

No statement of payments into the account.

No detail of any charges applied, (and I'm certain there are some to be reclaimed!).

Any and all advice is welcomed.

Best regards,

H

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures.

if you've moved since taking out the credit

you should list your old addresses on the sar

sign it

and include say a present CTAX bill to prove where you are living now

it does hurt to give them the info now no.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

be much better if you started a new thread in the cap1 forum

and post the docs there [put them all in a word doc first!!

see upload

this thread is getting far to complicated for all your debts to be in one place

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

Fair comment!

Did you mean for just the Capquest stuff?

Are there other forums for the other OCs and Moorcroft?

H

Or lose our ventures.

yes there are

but file the Moorcroft stuff in the OC's named forum.

dx

and they

Hi,

My scanner won't save them as a word file & I'm not adept enough to convert them, so wherever I put them they will have to be in pdf format.

Does that matter?

H

Or lose our ventures.

you don't scan them as a .doc

you scan things as a picture

then use MS paint to redact anything pers

then pop all the pictures in a word doc

THEN print or convert that to PDF.

read the upload

dx

and they

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Firstly may I say that I am very grateful for all the assistance and advice from you learned people.

It has been invaluable.

I have done what you all suggested and since the cra's can't provide evidence of 2 of the debts, I have stopped payment on them.

Moorcroft have emailed me twice saying that they are waiting for their client to respond,

but each time I have emailed back saying that I am not ignoring them,

but rather waiting for them to provide the evidence that they hold the debt.

Clearly they don't, so I'm not worried really.

I am maintaining the payments to the others though, at the agreed rate, ie £5 pcm

I have received a letter from Robinson Way now, saying that they have contacted a (very) old address and asking me to confirm where I'm living now.

I have ignored it on the basis of what I've read on here, and that they have probably been passed it by Moorcroft.

I necessary, I will write to them and tell them what I've told the otheers.

Your thoughts....................................

Or lose our ventures.

Have you checked your credit file at all? What, if anything, does it say on their relating to any of the debts that you're paying?

As for emailing them each time you receive their junk mail, IMO I'd simply ignore them until such time that they can provide the evidence

of these debts they claim you owe. It might seem the right thing to do by eeping in touch with them, but believe me

there is nothing morally wrong in ignoring such specious outfits as these, they have absolutely no desire to keep you on side,

their sole focus is to make as much profit out of you as they're able.

Ignore them.

As for robbers way and their lame attempts at phishing for info, you can ignore them too!

Keep a copy of that letter for future reference when you can lodge a formal complaint about them to the FCA regarding their blatant

tracing practices.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka,

I shredded the letter. Force of habit really, I always shred my addresses on letters.

I will ignore them. I have no wish to enter into any correspondence with them.

They made no reference to any debts, just wanted me to confirm the contact address, which I have no wish to do.

Incidentally, I have moved several times since I left the address they gave, so I know they haven't been given my current address by anyone there!

Your help, as ever, is greatly appreciated.

Or lose our ventures.

pers on powerless dca's that fail the CCa request 12+2 working days deadline

I'd not enter into any comms tennis

neither pay them

dx

and they

Hi dx,

Thanks. Courtesy of our last comms, I've stopped paying the DCAs and I think that that is where the Robinson Way letter started from.

I'll not be paying them any monies, and after 6 years it'll die a death!

Just a shame it'll take that long really!

Thanks again.

Or lose our ventures.

• 1 year later...

Well, Ive not posted in a while and here's why.

My mother is now in a home and I've haad to move out because the house has been sold to fund hher care!

However, I have come in to a spot of good fortune.

I have a new address, a new lady in my life, and a small bequest!

I want to stop any and all phone calls to me new address, and I want to make an offer for a full and final settlement of the debts!

Please can someone point me in the right direction for the appropriate letters?

1. to stop the phone calls at my new address, and

2 to a Full and Final letter.

Also some indication of what I can get away with offering in % terms. The bequest is not that good!

Or lose our ventures.

waste of money

go burn it for all the good it will actually do

or have a holiday with it.

let me go re read the whole thread to get the story

and they

I have been paying a paltry sum to the creditors, £5pcm each, but now I want a to get a full & final settlement, given that next month I'm 64 with the obvious pension date next year.

I want this monkey off my back!

Or lose our ventures.

so who are you still paying

and I gather these are debts still owned by the original creditors?

and they

so who are you still paying

and I gather these are debts still owned by the original creditors?

I'm paying the original creditors, but now Capquest are saying I have to pay them because they now own the debt.

I'm not sure they do, so I am going to ask for proof they do.

Thing is, if they don't, can they still charge me for the administration they've undertaken?

I've stopped paying moorcroft because they have not provided proof they are administering the debt they claim I owe ( I do. It's and overdraft), but I've no proof they are authorised to collect on it.

I'm in a position where I can now make a small offer to clear these debts, but I don't want to send money to the wrong places & end up with a worse position.

Or lose our ventures.

you don't need to send money to anyone.!

so.

we are down to concentrating on only 2 debts now? the ones that were with the OC's?

the rest are not paid, and have all failed CCA requests?

don't go sending stupid letters yet

get our ducks in line please

and they

Hi dx,

I have 5!

The perils of trying to give a great send off to my ex wife who had a brain tumour!!

Failed. She turned violent & I had to get out. Long story, but I got saddled with the debt.

Been paying them all £5pcm while I was 'unemployed'.

I did eventually get a job while I was caring for my Mum, but now she's in care & I had to move out so the house could be sold to fund her care.

I plan to write to capquest to get them to prove they have the authority to administer the debt. If, like moorcroft, they don't, I'll not pay them a bean & just deal with the original creditors.

I have no plans to do anything stupid though.

Or lose our ventures.

Moorcroft didn't own the debt hence you deal/dealt with the OC ONLY

as for capquest, they are debt buyers so they get a CCA request unless its a bank account

no good sending other silly authority to administer letters, just invites pointless letter tennis.

have you updated the people you are paying your debts too that you have moved?

per I think its far better we start again as you relist your debts

then lets go thru a process of my questions.

and then we'll advise suitably

and they

Hi All,

The debts I have are as follows:

Capital 1 - 4346.69 Paying direct @ 5.00pcm

Virgin c/c - 9761.99 Capquest claim I have to deal with them, but I'm paying direct at 5.00 pcm

Halifax c/c - 3271.14 Paying direct @ 5.00 pcm

Sainsbury's loan - 5623.29 Capquest claim, but I'm paying direct @ 5.00 pcm

Abbey bank - 2652.41 Paying direct @5.00 pcm

I am unemployed and want to continue to pay them at 5.00 pcm if they wont accept a full & final.

I can afford to pay them 10% each from my bequest, but not very much more!

I have created a 'Scan my mail' address to get all future correspondence to go to one place.

They won't be able to contact me direct there,

but it will accept my mail & scan it in for me.

It will be useful if I can start a business in the future,

although I am 64 next month,

so the chances are slim of doing so!

Retirement beckons!!

I will be away from, a pc for about 5 days now,

trying to solve some family issues,

but I'll have my phone with me.

As always, your assistance is greatly received.

BTW,

I believe, (although I have yet to check), that I had PPI with Halifax on a mortgage I used to have. Long story, but suffice it to say I don't have a mortgage now!

H

Or lose our ventures.

If you're unemployed, then the maximum you should be paying them is £1 a month, NOTHING more.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sort of makes a mockery of 139 posts and all the advice

We appear to be in exactly the same place as post 1?

Advice OK is just that you don't have go take it but,....

and they