Been accompanied to disciplinary meeting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wondered if there was anyone who could give me some advice.

I've been off ill from work for 19 months from PTSD after an incident at work. I've been asked to attend a disciplinary meeting for a dishonesty allegation made against me. They have said I can have a work companion at this meeting.

I asked my employers if I can attend my work place to find a work companion to attend the meeting with me. I know a lot of people have left and I really don't know if anyone is still working there that I will know to ask. They have refused to let me go stating that my condition of anxiety and stress that I suffer that they do not believe it is prudent for me to attend and given me a deadline of 5pm today to reply if I will be accompanied or not. I've told them they're been unreasonable and it is important to me to be accompanied.

Not sure what to do or how to reply, any ideas?

So they're saying you're unfit to attend work to arrange a companion, but fit to attend a disciplinary hearing? Logic at its best!

Are you in a union? If not, the only other option I see is asking for your employer to arrange a companion for you...

What is the allegation against you?

Hi becky2585, I'm not in a union.

The dishonesty allegation has been made by them regarding a grievance I made. My grievance was that they were agreed to waive there own request for an occupational health meeting in favour of a medical report from my psychiatrist. When the report was complete describing my PTSD symptoms they then said the report was irrelevant and I would still need to attend OH.

I attended my grievance meeting and they did not show and they now accuse me of been dishonest for not attending and that they were on site but did not see me. I then raised another grievance over the way they conducted themselves up until the meeting with confusing letters - they would send out a letter with one date while the letter postage stamp would show another later date thus not allowing me time to respond to there deadline dates/times in time - they refused to hear my latter grievance claiming no true grounds of complaint.

Hard work or what?

I am not sure getting into a cycle of formal greivances will do anything but label you as trouble, speaking pragmatically.

Have you asked if, given the nature of your illness

a) you could be accompanied by a family member

b) the meeting could be on neutral ground - meeting room in a hotel?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Bit late but just got up.

An appropriate adult due to you anxiety can be anyone you choose so a family member or friend can go with you as has been stated above.

Something I have discovered by the way as I have been involved in this is that if they attend as an appropriate adult they can speak on your behalf unlike if they attended as a general witness which carries restrictions.

Bill

All information given above is purely my own opinion. Some based on personal experience. Where backed up by case files I will make that known. However, until then please take all of what I say with a pinch of salt and accept it only as a reference. :madgrin::madgrin::madgrin: