Landord & LEtting agent rights of access

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

we currently rent a house in England, we have a AST that was renewed on January 31 2014 for 18 months.

Landlady has decided to sell the house, for sale board has already gone up.

our AST says that we have to allow viewings within the last 2 months of the tenancy however, the letting agent is asking us to allow viewings now.

would i be ok to write a letter barring all access till May?

Any help would be great

You go by the agreement..not by the letting agency. The agency just wants extra cash for doing the viewings. Your contract which is a legal document overrides what they say.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If you haven't done so already... change the locks and keep the old ones to replace when you leave.

It has been known that letting agents come round with people whether you agree to it or not. Then if they ask you why you have changed the locks, you can ask them how they know.

You also don't have to allow viewings in your last 2 months either if it is inconvenient, and certainly not whilst you are not at home.. (hence another reason for changing the locks).

You don't even have to move out after 18 months or when the house is sold if you do not wish to.

Other people may be able to help a bit more as the day goes on...

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

thanks for the replies,

Landlady is looking to sell ASAP to anyone.

Just had two people walk up the drive and peek around the place.

Managed to chat to them, the Agent has not told them its tenanted.

They were under the impression i was the seller.

Just going to post my letter directly to the agent about banning all viewings till May

send it with proof of posting from the post office (free) and keep a copy. The law deems the letter served 2 days after posting.

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

Perhaps allow EA only single access asap to take marketing photo's and confirm in writing, that internal viewings will not be allowed until 1 Jun, and then only for 3x2 hr slots per week, with prior 24hr Notice. Request that ad clearly states property is currently rented.

Nothing you can really do to prevent prospects viewing exterior, unless you have a high wall and locked gate.

May keep LL happy, but not much they can do until 2 months prior to expiry of fixed term.

Similar story here. - http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?66571-Rented-house-going-on-the-market

Do not let them take any internal photos!

Do not accept any viewings unless convenient and that Agent has told them it has a sitting tenant, so could all be a waste of time.

You never know LL may give you a large inducement to move?