• Tweets

• I think its best if the case can be postponed. We will contact the court in the morning.   Many thanks 
    • oh I missed the very last line..Scotland.   even if there were a powerless private parking co issuing these there is stuff and all they can do POFA does not apply. there is no tort of trespass either.   pers i'd make you own note. and put that on some windscreens to an inside yours.   noting the above and politely telling them to go give themselves a Glasgow kiss.      
    • that's not an easy job and its already more than I week late.   there are examples of the format here but ofcourse each is somewhat unique to the case factors, and ofcouse there is the added 'benefit' in this case in that because you are so late, you have theirs to tear apart. that makes the task much easier but ofcourse in a way much harder as you need to pull each of their specific points aparts. it makes for a much stronger defendant WS giving a greater chance of success.   use the custom google search down a bit on the left after hitting the top squares CAG logo   i'm wondering if it might be better to urgently contact the court and request a postponement, in many medical situations, with the right wind they might allow it. as I can see gladdy's objecting to such a late disclosure WS from you and getting it rejected, then all the work will be in vain.     
    • no DX he had started it and i'm trying to do it for him the best i can.
    • Hi   If your Partner has a Tenancy Agreement / Lease etc. (could you clarify?)   Just to air a bit of caution as this is the Partners Flat that you are visiting and using the car park.   Your Partner needs to fully read there Tenancy Agreement/Lease on what it says about car parking/parking and visitors.   What you need to be aware of is you are visiting your Partner at there property with that car park/parking and if they do have a tenancy agreement/ lease.   a) They are responsible for the actions of there visitors/guest. b) If tenancy agreement/lease has anything about parking (and they are aware you are the person visiting your partner) they could challenge your Partner with above could use it as a way to say they may be in Breach of Tenancy/Lease. (please note I only say may as that may not happen but be aware)   Who owns the Land the Car Park is on? (i.e. it may or may not belong to the landlord that owns the Building, my own HA has numerous Multi-Storey building but it only owns the land the building is on not the car parks round the building as that land belong to council)   Get your Partner to check there Tenancy Agreement/Lease carefully and also the companies/letting agents website to see if there is anything there on car parking/parking in that specific car park.   It may be something simple that your partner just needs to ask them get a parking  permit for visitors to display in there car windscreen.
  • Our picks

michael.stone

insolvency trustee threating arrest in scotland

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have been declared bankrupt by my local council. I have simply zero assets no bank accounts. Trustee have sent me forms to fill they are saying it's a criminal offence not to fill these and at the same time want me to sign a declaration to the bankruptcy act saying I understand if I don't give them what they info they want they can have me arrested!

I'd really appreciate some advice on this matter

Thanking you

Hi

I have been declared bankrupt by my local council. I have simply zero assets no bank accounts. Trustee have sent me forms to fill they are saying it's a criminal offence not to fill these and at the same time want me to sign a declaration to the bankruptcy act saying I understand if I don't give them what they info they want they can have me arrested!

I'd really appreciate some advice on this matter

Thanking you

Do you have an issue with completing the forms truthfully?

If you have no assets : state that. They can't get blood from a stone / demand assets you don't have.

It could be considered a criminal offence if you don't cooperate with the offical appointed by the court to deal with the bankruptcy. So if this person is the court appointed official, you should complete and return the form as requested.

If you don't have any assets, then the council won't get anything and will have wasted their money making you bankrupt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Many thanks for the replies . Only issue u had was most of the forms will be empty as I don't even have a bank account. I tend to use cash call me old fashioned. I don't trust them. I'll send off the forms and see what they say next. I wanted to hear from anyone who has dealt with a trustee? Can they force me to leave my current home ie to downsize? I'm in rented accommodation I have mentioned already to my landlord and he's willing to let me stay as long as I don't default on rent so the council making me bankrupt won't effect that.

no, they cant force you to move. Any boxes that are not applicable just write n/a in them.

Are you employed or on Benefits ?

What was the debt.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Are you employed or on Benefits ?

What was the debt.

Hi guys

I've never claimed a penny in benefits. I work a little which is min wage just enough to pay for food and rent.

Sorry not been online much due to my illness. I did fill the forms out as advised and whatever didn't apply I put n/a

The debt was for 'council tax' which is at £7000 at present. I have just seen a letter from them with the words DO NOT IGNORE - action before court ! I honestly do not understand what they think they will achieve by this harassment. The money I do not have its simple if i did it would have been paid.

Can anyone advise they are obviously taking me to court now? Maybe for a BRO or worse arrest warrant? I haven't opened the letter yet too scared if I'm honest

Edited by michael.stone

Hi,

To be honest, I'd open the letter also fill in whatever they have sent you.

There's no way they would go for an arrest warrant, what would that achieve.

I'd fill in the forms as truthfully as you can then wait and see what they come back with.

Hi,

To be honest, I'd open the letter also fill in whatever they have sent you.

There's no way they would go for an arrest warrant, what would that achieve.

I'd fill in the forms as truthfully as you can then wait and see what they come back with.

Hi forms have been sent letter states I have failed to contact them! I have rang them twice no one's rang back. I work nights so impossible. Letter is headed action before court ! Threats again saying they will fine or imprison!

Shocking way to treat people

Phone them now, see what they say, or can you no get an e-mail address for them.