• Tweets

• Hi Dave, Yep .... Will have to do AOS tomorrow .... Are you referring to CPR 31.14 Request?
    • I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Nationwide credit card

TH1966
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owe just over £7,000 and have been issued with a default notice in July 2014.

The credit card was taken out in October 2011.

I today returned a telephone calllink3.gif from them and they say they have reviewed things in January and will be going for a CCJ and intend to secure the balance against my home.

I either need to increase repayments so its paid within 5 years or make a partial settle of just under £5,000 and they will no longer pursue me. This is despite me not having any PPI or penalty charges, bar those when I stopped paying approx. 6 months ago.

I've not had any correspondence from them yet regarding this.

I want to avoid a CCJ if I can, if try to make a higher monthly payment to them to avoid a CCJ will it cause any problems with the other creditors who have agreed lower repayments?

ok stop

first of all, YOU decide what YOU CAN PAY based on your financial circumstances. If it ends up being £1 a month, so be it.

Second, NO MORE PHONE CONVERSATIONS.. In writing only. If they contact you, tell them, "Communicate in writing only" It reduces the bullying somewhat.

Third, They cannot "JUST GET A CCJ"

They have to do court first where you will get opportunity to defend. A judge will only award repayments appropriate to your financial circumstances IF THEY WIN

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thanks Sabresheep.

I've got a letter today offering me a discount on the debt for 7 days only after which time they will send a final demand for the full balance.

They are also suggesting paying up to avoid further legal costs.

I'm worried about this one because they will have all the correct paperwork as it was only taken in 2011.

Will I be able to defend a CCJ if they have the correct agreement?

If they are offering a discount, something smells fishy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

time for an sar me thinks

unless you have all the statements and the agreement?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I do have all the statements and the agreement. Not the one I signed but a customer copy.

There is no PPI and no penalty charges (at least until I started missing payments last year).

Is it worth sending an SAR

How much of their 'penalty' charges have they added? These can be reclaimed under the hardship rules.

Keep everything in writing ONLY never talk to them over the phone.

Have you made them an offer, in writing, to pay what you can reasonably afford each month?

If not do so, and it might be a good idea to enclose your own I&E form, NOT one of theirs, get the template off here or National Debtline.

This will show that you have tried everything possible in order to bring this to an amicable solution without the need for legal action.

What date did the default notice tell you you had to rectify the agreement by before it would be terminated?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka-Boo

£36 was charged in penalty fees.

I sent an I & E in July 2014 and they accepted my offer of £6 per month.

They defaulted at the same time and gave me until 30 July 2014 to get account back in order.

OK thats fine, if your paying what you told them you would and not the other way round, then leave it be, unless of course it is

leaving you short then reduce it.

Are you paying via standing order?

If not you need to change it to SO as if it's being paid via DD then they can take whatever they want whenever they want.

So they have now sent you a termination notice, as you failed to correct the default by the end of July?

Have you got a copy of that default notice?

All they should be sending you now, less for the threat letters, is a statement of account so you can see what's been paid and how much is still owing...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks Yes I am paying by Standing Order and I do have a copy of the default notice.

My main worry though is a potential CCJ

does the fact I am making payments by Standing Order make a CCJ less likely.

The woman on the phone said they would offer a partial settlement and then go for a CCJ if I didn't take it up.

I have been given a partial settlement offer.

Is it possible to defend a CCJ if they have the paperwork correct at their end?

you always defend a CCJ regardless

else they'll get one by default.

partial settlement gets me

how much lower was it from their claimed balance

theres something here we a/you are not spotting re the PS/discount.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was 30% approx. the girl on the phone said.

I know what you mean about the partial settlement

but I figured they are just discounting the costs of dealing with me to get a quick end to the matters.

Surely an agreement from late 2011 will have been done properly.

sure yes it would have

never heard of nationwide themselves ever offering a short settlement.

good if they are ofcourse .

dx

and they

I got a final notice yesterday telling me its their final letter before legal action commences and its my final opportunity to discuss settlement of the account by a lump sum payment or instalments.

got to admit this is all new territory for me

nationwide doing this.

can we see the letter please?

dx

and they

aha the wonderful word 'instructed'

doesn't mean they will carry it out mind

whomever 'their rep' is.

discount letter too please

follow this its easier

use MSpaint to block the text after scanning

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAG IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures please put these into a WORD DOC first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

if you dont have MSOFFICE, use openoffice its free and has a PDF converter.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

PLEASE TRY AND REFRAIN FROM POSTING FILES OF +1Mb in size

a single sheet of a4 should be about 50kb.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

• Confused 1

and they

Thanks for having a look at it. DX.

Do you think its worth writing in to reiterate the fact I am making a payment or maybe offer an increased payment to try and avoid the possibility of court action?

lets see that other letter please

if you've more

put them all in a word doc first and pdf that.

need the full picture please

dx

and they

OK I have had a go using the instructions.

I've attached their acceptance of my offer from last year and the default notice they issued at the same time. Plus the recent offer of a settlement.

Apart from this I received statements and a notice of sum in arrears every 2 months which detailed the amounts I had missed and the amounts I had paid.

I've hit the side of my screen and knocked them upright now

and removed your name

dx

and they

string 'em along.

write back clarifying what the CRA file will be marked as if you do consider the F&F.

back date your letter a few days too.

not happy with this

something smells I need to research things

dx

and they