style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok all good then

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I am getting a little bit confused, which doesn't take much doing :)

I thought that my email was to be forwarded to the guy at Anglian Water. It gives personal details and account numbers, etc.

Citizen's kind PM says that if I send my documents he will post them on this page?

Sorry I am getting a little bit confused, which doesn't take much doing :)

I thought that my email was to be forwarded to the guy at Anglian Water. It gives personal details and account numbers, etc.

Citizen's kind PM says that if I send my documents he will post them on this page?

You are confusing me as well.. I thought you wanted documents to be posted on this page.

If not, then do not send them to me.

Admin have confirmed they have not received any documents - but then if you want them to go to Anglian Water, this is something you need to do yourself.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Oh dear what a muddle. If you go back through the thread I think someone from Anglian Water saw this thread on Twitter and asked for details so he could investigate.

I do not know how to Twitter so I was told that if I gave details to admin on this site they could pass it on to the guy at AW. So I emailed all the details of the claim and my personal details for passing on.

There are no documents as such, just details of my account, the claim number, amount, circumstances and my name and address. I assumed that would give him enough detail to investigate, if he would be kind enough to do so. :)

Here we go, this is what was said:

Re: Anglian Water/Marstons

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by
BankFodder
viewpost-right.png

Just received this response to our Tweet

Anglian Water
‏@
AnglianWater
17m17 minutes ago
@
Real_CAG
Hi, do you have any customer details that you could send on a DM so that I can investigate this at our end? Regards, Paul

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Impressive... So some companies do actually pay attention...

I would suggest that you either contact site admin
link3.gif

and give details or contact Anglian directly through their Twitter feed...

Although it may be too late, they my be able to do something
smile.png

Here we go, this is what was said:

Re: Anglian Water/Marstons

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by
BankFodder
viewpost-right.png

Just received this response to our Tweet

Anglian Water
‏@
AnglianWater
17m17 minutes ago
@
Real_CAG
Hi, do you have any customer details that you could send on a DM so that I can investigate this at our end? Regards, Paul

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Impressive... So some companies do actually pay attention...

I would suggest that you either contact site admin
link3.gif

and give details or contact Anglian directly through their Twitter feed...

Although it may be too late, they my be able to do something
smile.png

Hmm, not sure what is going on here, I will send message to bankfodder to see what is going on.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok, message sent to BF - I am sure he will be able to resolve this..

BCOBS

We received a Tweet from AW asking for reference details so that they could look at it.

I had expected that Bornthisway would contact them directly by DM but this appears not to have happened.

I eventually received some reference details from BTW and so I did send them to AW by DM. It seems that AW haven't followed up on their offer to look into it.

I suggest to BTW that you send them a DM - which may mean that you need to open a Twitter account.

I will also send them another DM. Frankly anyone who can send them a DM about this - well and good.

Use this short url to direct them to this thread - http://cag.tw/1eo6

Sorry I have no idea how to Twitter and no idea how to open an account. And if I did are you suggesting I put my personal details on a message to them? Would that not then be public for everyone to see?

If BF has sent them my details hopefully they will have received it. But the Bailiffs are due to come next week and AW have told me that it takes them 10 days to respond to an email, so I suppose the date will have been and gone before anyone responds :(

Just for reference, what is a DM? Thanks.

Direct Messages are private messages sent from one Twitter user to other Twitter users. You can use Direct Messages for one-on-one private conversations, or between groups of users: One-on-one Messages: You can only send Direct Messages to users who follow you.

Direct Message - Twitter Help Center

https://support.twitter.com/articles/14606-about-direct-messages

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks Honeybee. Twitter is something I have never used. I don't have an iphone, although I presume you can access it through a PC also.

If BankFodder has sent my email to Admin onto AW I guess that is all that can be done at this stage.

Thank you to everyone who has got involved.

More to the point is that Marstons have a live Writ they are trying to enforce and this will not stop them. You really do need to look at applying for a Stay of Execution and asking for a Variation Order. Unfortunately no one knows who the author of the tweet was or what authority he posted it as.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh dear does that mean that my personal details have been posted to an unknown person.........this just gets worse :(

As I say, I have nothing they would want to take. Although I am terrified of them there is a chance a cancellation will come up and I will be in hospital anyway.

As long as they cannot break in, what have I got to lose really?

It is a nightmare. I actually thought someone at AW cared? How stupid was I?

How much does a Deed of Variation cost? I really don't have money to spare unfortunately.

Oh dear does that mean that my personal details have been posted to an unknown person.........this just gets worse :( - we don't know as yet

As I say, I have nothing they would want to take. Although I am terrified of them there is a chance a cancellation will come up and I will be in hospital anyway.

As long as they cannot break in, what have I got to lose really? Providing they have not gained entry previously you will be OK but a visit will be put you under a lot of pressure. They will intimate they can come in or remove things in your absence but in reality they are being very economical with the truth.

It is a nightmare. I actually thought someone at AW cared? How stupid was I? As said above we don't know but it appears to be someone that only works Mon-Fri.

How much does a Deed of Variation cost? I really don't have money to spare unfortunately. You may not have to pay depending on circumstances.

A Stay of Execution which if granted halts all further Enforcement action & charges. Cost is £155 and is applied for on Form N244.

A Variation Order if granted can ensure you pay at an affordable rate. Cost is £50 and is applied for on Form N245.

If on certain Benefits or a low wage then you may not have to pay any Court fees. More details available on Forms EX160a & EX160c. Forms are available online from HMCTS Formfinder site.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

your etails have not been sent to any 'public' feed

so don't worry on that front.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you both. I really don't know what to do.

£200 is a lot of money to stop bailiffs when I know I have nothing they can take. But it is just so intimidating to know that they are coming to my house - you see such dreadful things on the TV and I am terrified.

I have no one to support me. No family whatsoever locally and I am ashamed to ask for help from friends.

Do you think Citizens Advice or Debtline might get involved to support me in this?

Thanks for all your help so far.

I understand that AW have received your details and are looking into it

That's brilliant BF. Thank you so much! :)

I will pay the money back, even though I don't believe I ever used the water, but if they could just stop the bailiffs it would be such a help. I have asked their Assistance Fund to look at this bill but they seem to take a very long while making a decision.