Good credit score mauled by vodafone **Sorted.. NOT. Still ongoing.**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Seems a common complaint but just thought I'd add my voice and seek advice.

Stop me if you've heard this one.

My fiancee left her vodafone contract early due to extortionate billing and general incompetence.

She payed the agreed settlement figure.

Then vodafone billed her for another small payment. Around £30.

She then entered into a dispute with them over this extra payment.

She was unaware that vodafone had registered a default with the credit reference agency until she tried to get credit.

She complained to vodafone. No joy.

In the end she agreed to pay the amount on the condition that the default would be removed from her credit history.

Vodafone agreed to this.

She payed. Her credit history remains unchanged.

I have taken over dealing with this as it has got to a stage where it is causing her serious emotional distress.

I contacted the CEO Office.

They asked for some details.

I provided them.

I received no response.

I contacted the CEO office again and stated that if they did not intend to resolve the situation i would require transcripts of any conversations they had with my fiancee.

No response.

Then they phoned my fiancee and said that they would have to fill out a form and send it to the credit reference agency. They said it is the credit reference agency's responsibility to rectify the situation.

That's the story so far.

I cant believe it! Her credit score is way higher than mine. It's 990 plus! But because of this thing with vodafone we cant do anything that requires money. We cant travel, buy a car, remortgage either of our houses jointly, get married, or even open a new bank account as we discovered today!

I hope I've been doing the right things to try and get this sorted out but i don't really know.

I thought that if you asked for transcripts they would have to provide them under freedom of information or something?

It's a whole new experience. Any advice would be much appreciated.

If Vodafone have told the CRA that the default is to be removed, then yes, complain to the CRA. However, have VF actually done this ??

Do you have it in writing that they will remove the default ? I guess not as you say you are attempting to obtain phone records.

You will NOT obtain these under Freedom of Information. You will need to send a Subject Access Request to VF - it will cost you £10.00 they have 40 calendar days in which to respond.

Draft request linked below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request-**Updated-January-2015**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Meanwhile you might want to follow the instructions to contact the CAG Vodafone rep which are in the 1st post of the link below. You will be given a reference number, which you should post in THIS thread and Lee will then look in and take up your case for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2014**

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Excellent, I am sure Lee will look in on you first thing tomorrow.

I have popped the reference in your title as well so he cant miss it :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Oh dear, oh dear! VF customer services saying one thing without meaning it! Who would have thought eh?

Actually, this is a regular ploy used by staff. They promise that the default will be removed when all that means is that they will mark the file as 'settled'. This means nothing as it is the default that is the killer.

I hope Lee will be able to help as he has seen this before.

You should get a deadlock letter if VF refuse to assist you and then take it to the Information Commissioner. A default for £30 does not reflect a true picture of her financial situation.

Also, she could write a 'Notice of Correction' which can be up to 200 words and have that added to the offending default. Theoretically any new creditor is supposed to read that when making decisions.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

Just wanted to say that this problem was resolved very quickly once Lee became involved.

This was a huge issue for us and we are very grateful. Thank you Lee.

Great news. Has the default been removed as yet? If yes, I will mark this thread as resolved otherwise I will wait for the removal then mark as such.

You may wish to leave things as they are but if you have lost out financially because of this then you could make a claim for compensation.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Yes the default has been removed.

I don't think we have lost out financially. We were just not able to progress with anything while that default was there.

So I'd say we're just happy that the situation is resolved.

Cool! I have marked this thread resolved.

One word of caution if I may. Keep an eye on your credit file...Just in case the default re appears.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

So something unexpected happened.

We looked into getting a loan again. Long story short we couldn't because to turns out the afore mentioned default has only been removed from Experian; it still exists on Equifax!

Not sure how to proceed here. I still have all the emails that relate to this but the From addresses look a bit generic. Not sure it's worth replying to them after this much time.

Anyone had this experience? Could do with some advice before i do anything.

I think perhaps you should make contact with Lee again, Captain B. If you have been refused a loan because of this then I think you are entitled to look at some form of compensation, this time.

BCOBS

Hi

I tried the email address from the last communication we had with Lee but I got a response back saying it is not used anymore.

Then I tried the directorsupport email and got a reply back saying i don't have an open complaint and should go to the vodafone help centre.

I've called the help line before and been told vodafone dont have a complaints department so that's a nonstarter.

I've just opened a live chat window and the wait time is 30 minutes!

So it looks like I'm back to square one.

Truly appalling customer service!

Just about to start the whole process again. Can this thread's status be changed back to unresolved?

I should say that vodafone pitched the removal of the default as a gesture of goodwill which suggests they feel there was no wrongdoing on their part. However, my fiancee feels that this situation came about as a result of misinformation and gross mismanagement on the part of vodafone.

Is this a tactic they use to deflect potential legal action? I'd like to know if anyone out there has any experience of this as we are being advised by various people - including my own legal representative - to gather evidence with a view to seeking compensation.

The main problem - as i'm sure many of you are aware - is that the various declined credit applications made during the time that we were unaware of the default have caused long term damage to my fiancee's credit rating and therefore to our quality of life.

I have changed the title again for you. It may be that Equifax take a bit longer.

I will PM Lee to see if he can drop in to assist

I think Lee might be on holiday as he hasn't been here since the 24th so my PM to him will have been missed. Hopefully one of the others at VF will pick this up now you have raised it once again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this should be the end of it. I won't edit the title for a month. Can you check your file in May to ensure this doesn't happen again

• 1 month later...

This has become a joke, for the past 7 months you have been telling me that your systems are upgrading, something about moving the old migration to the new system, I don't know what is going on but for the past 7 months you have consistently suspended my line every month when I have a direct debit set up but you are not taking the money out, every month you confirm and say my direct debit is active and then do not take the money and suspend my line, now you have taken this too far by putting a default/late payment on my credit history which in turn has resulted in me being declined for a mortgage. I am so tired and regret ever joining Vodafone that I really just want to end this contract.

I wonder why Vodafone topped the list of most complained about mobile company. Oh yeah, Poor excuse for customer service. Just because they are migrating systems should have no detrimental affect on you however, now that you have been turned down for a mortgage you have suffered a loss and that loss should be compensated for by VF.

Only do this if you are willing to follow through. Send a letter before action giving them two weeks to rectify their error and pay suitable compensation. Should they fail to resolve the matter, sue them. You have most of the evidence but if you haven't sent them a SAR, now is the time to do so.

This is very poor practice from VF.