• Tweets

• Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Capquest/Dryden Claimform - old Lloyds Bank Overdraft..Advice Please

MonteChristo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Name of Claimant: Capquest Investments Limited

Date of issue – 03 February 2015

Acknowledge By – 21 February

Defence – 07 March - yes file by 4pm

(Are my dates correct?)^^

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

The claim is for the sum of £8600 in respect of monies owing by the defendant

on a credit agreement held by the defendant with Lloyds Banking Group

under account xxxx Upon which the defendant failed to maintain payments.

2. A default notice was served upon the defendant and has not been complied with.

3. By virtue of a sale agreement between Lloyd Banking Group and the claimant,

the claim vested in the claimant who has a genuine commercial interest.

The defendant has been notified of the assignment by letter.

Contact drydensfairfax solicitors

What is the value of the claim? £9100 including costs

Is the claim for a current account (overdraft ) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Overdraft

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? Before 2007

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt Purchaser has issued the claim

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes 23/10/2013

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? 20 November 2008

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? Financial Difficulty

What was the date of your last payment? October 2008

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No other than excessive overdraft charges

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

I sent a CPR31.14 request to DrydenFairfax on 11 February 2015 Recorded Delivery

I have disputed the claim and logged my intention on the Court Website 11-02-15

I had an Overdraft facility with Lloyds bank in 2006.

Due to changes in my circumstances my borrowing began to spiral and the charges compounded the problem until it became unmanageable.

I changed banking providers in order to get back on my feet.

Although a number of DCA's sent letters and calls I always asked for CCA's which they could never seem to provide

and they would disappear.

However I have now been contacted by Drydenfairfax 16 January 2015 and a Summons followed which I received 06 February 2015.

I do feel the charges were excessive and that is why I elected to defend the claim.

I would just like some advice as what my next steps should be.

if this is true:

the debt is statute barred

file the SB defence now via MCOL

The following defence is all you need if it is SB

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).

2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract

and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.

If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract,

in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

nicked from Andyorch

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if this is true:

the debt is statute barred

file the SB defence now via MCOL

The following defence is all you need if it is SB

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).

2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract

and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.

If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract,

in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

nicked from Andyorch

Agreed.

Then, later on I'd be filing a complaint with the FCA - at least one other company was warned explicitly about pursuing Statute Barred accounts by the late, unlamented Office of Fair Trading.

I suppose belt and braces need asking

ofcourse YOU didn't pay or use this account after the DN date?

and its not a joint account is it?

I know you've answered the first- but just checking.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then file the sb defence now

no need to wait.

dx

and they

Some things here just don't stack

up.

Can you just reconfirm that this really is a claim against an overdraft on a current account for £8600 ???

Also, a current account would not incur a default notice. Lloyds would issue an Enforcement Notice.

Of course, this may well be an error from the claimant or solicitor, but just thought I'd mention.

Works in your favour if it's an error on their part.

You say you made CCA requests.

Are you certain that you haven't inadvertently made written acknowledgment along the way too?

Did you send any £1 payments that could have been misappropriated by the creditor or one of their accomplices as a credit to the account?

There are no CCA agreements for current accounts anyway [most of the Act doesn't apply], only overdraft facility agreements, so your requests were pointless, unfortunately.

Have you submitted your defence yet?

Hello - apologies for the delay,

I did some more digging and found some more information on my Credit Report.

I can confirm that this is indeed a claim against an overdraft on a current account for £8600.

The website facility allowed increments to made on the account instantly.

To clarify: An Enforcement Notice was issued on November 20 2008.

I have made CCA requests and in all my letters stated clearly I did not acknowledge the debt to Lloyds or any company representing Lloyds Bank.

I made £1 statutory fee payment in all cases and specified it was not to be used for any other purpose.

It was returned back to me unused as the Act does not cover current accounts.

I have completed six out of the seven stages of defence process online.

However I have another question

- according to my Credit Report the default was issued on 17 April 2009.

Is it still viable to file an SB defence?

if enforcement notice was issued 20/11/2008 then its SB'd

dx

and they

Thanks for clarifying. Yes it does indeed appear S B. I had been puzzled that Lloyds had granted so large an overdraft [is there a case of irresponsible lending case here, I wonder?], default rather than enforcement notice [either capquest or drydens error] and multiple CCA requests [you didn't report the explanation you had been given and repeated attempts are far from necessary].

Just wanted to be sure that you were "safe". Looks like you are. The Cause of Action which determines the S B date is the enforcement notice. Drydocks were obviously hoping to argue from the later date in the credit report. Tough.

One last thing as well - in my haste to get the communication out to Dydens/Capquest

I accidentally sent the Credit Card / Loans CPR letter instead of the overdraft one

- will this have a detrimental effect???

Do I need to re-send??

doesn't matter forget the letter - its sb'd

get it filed

dx

and they

its for them to prove its not sb'd

not you it is

that An Enforcement Notice was issued on November 20 2008.

is all you need

and they

Hello again - defence has been filed with County Court. In the case of an SB situation is there any kind of documentation I need to pull together in the meantime?

If you need to ask Drydens any questions by email at any point (which they'll likely try to ignore), then I do have a comprehensive list of Drydens email addresses which can be sent via PM.

Why send Drydens one email when you can send them to 60 different employees in one go, and likely get a much quicker answer?

Especially in that Drydens are notorious for ignoring/giving evasive answers to email correspondence, and that they really hate getting repeat emails.

Furthermore, dx100uk is right - they've got to prove Statute Barring doesn't apply.

pers I would not be doing this

dx

and they

Nor I. Definitely.

And if there were any reason to communicate with Dry - at the moment there is none whatsoever - you would be doing your best to demonstrate your propriety to the court as opposed to the Opposition's barbarity. Flooding them with emails [addresses readily available via internet research btw and no cause for PM-ing if they weren't] would hardly be viewed as reasonable conduct.

Nor I. Definitely.

And if there were any reason to communicate with Dry - at the moment there is none whatsoever - you would be doing your best to demonstrate your propriety to the court as opposed to the Opposition's barbarity. Flooding them with emails [addresses readily available via internet research btw and no cause for PM-ing if they weren't] would hardly be viewed as reasonable conduct.

You'll note I did say if it's needed that Drydens has to be asked any questions, but it might help if I explain where I'm coming from.

The reason I suggest this is because in my own case, I sent in email correspondence to DF for which I did receive a reply.

When it got to court, DF only included their own reply, but not my email which they were replying to (which had been sent to them asking whether they were going to amend the claim or not).

Because I only sent the original email to one person at Drydens, that was my big mistake - had I sent it to all of them (but then I didn't have that list at the time), they'd have had less of an excuse for not including my email within the evidence pack, and the judge would have been less likely to ignore their 'mistake'.

Another point is that Drydens do hate receiving repeat emails, but at the same time, are hardly likely to clear to claim that you're harassing them - if it's email correspondence they don't want the judge to see, they're not going to even want this to come up for discussion during the hearing.