style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all. I am a new member of this Forum, thankyou for allowing me to join you.

Here in Sleaford the Aldi supermarket uses Parking Eye to manage their car parking.

PE has cameras at the entrance/exit and various notices around.

These state that, to qualify for a free 1 1/2 hrs. parking the motorist has to enter their reg. number at consoles in the store.

These are situated at a point after the tills before the store exit.

The signs state that failure to comply with this will, note will, result in a parking charge of £70.

I know of several people being charged this, including a relative, who accidentally punched in the wrong number, although they bought goods at the store.

What is the legal position of this situation, bearing in mind a 1 1/2 hrs. limit is imposed and cameras record this.

Any advice and opinions are welcome.

Regards

Hello all. I am a new member of this Forum, thankyou for allowing me to join you.

Here in Sleaford the Aldi supermarket uses Parking Eye to manage their car parking. PE has cameras at the entrance/exit and various notices around. These state that, to qualify for a free 1 1/2 hrs. parking the motorist has to enter their reg. number at consoles in the store. These are situated at a point after the tills before the store exit.

The signs state that failure to comply with this will, note will, result in a parking charge of £70.

I know of several people being charged this, including a relative, who accidentally punched in the wrong number, although they bought goods at the store.

What is the legal position of this situation, bearing in mind a 1 1/2 hrs. limit is imposed and cameras record this.

Regards

Have you received a Parking Charge Notice from PE then?

This has to be dealt with but more information is needed.

Hi.

My relative has received a parking charge notice.

But has got a dated time stamped receipt, for goods bought at the store, at the time of the ''offence''.

He is sending PE a copy of this and a demand that the charge be deleted. I will post up the result he gets.

My question is,

what is the position regarding PE demanding, with a threat of £70 charge,

that motorists enter their reg. number, as the cameras already record entry and exit of all vehicles.

Regards

Date of "offence"

Date first letter (NTK) arrived on your door mat first !!!!

This must arrive in 14 days.

Information first !!!!

Then the correct advice can be given

Hi. The ''offence'' was just before Xmas and the NTK arrived the other day. BUT, it was sent to his previous address. I will find out dates. I will also tell him of the 14 days requirement.

Regards

I sometimes think that there is a tendency to delve too deep into the non-critical detail, certainly with ParkingEye cases, at the outset rather than cut to the quick.

The most important issue of all is getting an initial appeal in to PE within 28 days, do that and everything else can fall into place later.

It's the POPLA appeal (if it ever comes to that) where the ducks need to be properly lined up.

I sometimes think that there is a tendency to delve too deep into the non-critical detail, certainly with ParkingEye cases, at the outset rather than cut to the quick.

The most important issue of all is getting an initial appeal in to PE within 28 days, do that and everything else can fall into place later.

It's the POPLA appeal (if it ever comes to that) where the ducks need to be properly lined up.

This is an ANPR job.

The NTK has to arrive within 14 days (12 for issue, 2 for delivery)

A lot of the time they are delivered late.

That as you know only too well means it is "timed out" and the PPC can only chase the "Driver" and they don't know who that is.

How are we supposed to give advice without the information ?

This is an ANPR job.

The NTK has to arrive within 14 days (12 for issue, 2 for delivery)

A lot of the time they are delivered late.

That as you know only too well means it is "timed out" and the PPC can only chase the "Driver" and they don't know who that is.

How are we supposed to give advice without the information ?

...................because the initial appeal to the PPC should always follows the same carefully worded format irrespective of whether the NtK arrives on time (or not) or whether either of the Notices are compliant or not

The PPCs use templated NtKs, so most smart people use templated appeals - keeps it simple and it's scalable.

Hi all. Thanks for all your input in reply to my query. I am asking opinions here. f16, I do not have the details to hand, as I am asking as a third party and have to rely on a return of that from the relative. I have passed on all the points to him, but further details I don't have.

My initial question is, what is the opinion of, PE requiring the input of reg.nos. to qualify for free parking, when vehicle details are recorded by camera anyway. And can this requirement be legally enforced.

regards

I guess the idea is that it confirms that the car park has been used by a shopper, but it makes no difference to the legality of the speculative notice. IMO it makes it no more legal. They can take anyone to court, but if properly defended there is virtually no chance if it being enforced.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Here in Sleaford the Aldi supermarket uses Parking Eye to manage their car parking.

PE has cameras at the entrance/exit and various notices around.

These state that, to qualify for a free 1 1/2 hrs. parking the motorist has to enter their reg. number at consoles in the store.

These are situated at a point after the tills before the store exit.

Regards

Have they realised that their ANPR cameras don't work accurately enough and can't be relied on.

I know for a fact that my missus has not got a clue of my REG, but I drop her off and wait in the car park for her, so how would that ever work ? :)

...................because the initial appeal to the PPC should always follows the same carefully worded format irrespective of whether the NtK arrives on time (or not) or whether either of the Notices are compliant or not

The PPCs use templated NtKs, so most smart people use templated appeals - keeps it simple and it's scalable.

Pettyofficer

Glad you posted and didn't give up with all the conflicting advice.

Stick with it because Nev Met has got a templated appeal that he can supply without any further information required.

In addition according to his post # 6 you will win without a POPLA appeal.

That saves the PPC £29 (ish, roughly, about, give or take.) Not that I'm interested in saving a PPC money but each to their own.

Nev Met will post up the template I would think tomorrow.