BankFodder BankFodder

Happyandcontent

Home visit by ATOS for PIP-Backdated or not?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1883 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

My relative applied for PIP approx. 8 months ago and finally has an appointment this month by ATOS at his home.

If he is awarded any kind of award within PIP, is he entitled to backdated payment from when he first made the claim? or from the date of his assessment/home visit please?

:Happyandcontent:

Should your relative be awarded a personal independence payment, it'll be backdated to the date of the initial claim if;

He needed help with care/mobility for three months prior to the date of the claim,

And is likely to need it for nine months after the date of the claim.

Margaret.

Hi

I Had my PIP assessment 2 weeks ago and PIP was awarded from 10/9/14 from when they sent me the claim form, so yes if there is a successful application for pip they backdate from when the applicant first applied.