Exec PA Diploma-Pitman Training-Irresponsible and Unprofessional Financial Accounts ** SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me in this situation.

I am having issues with the Pitman Training Course that I’m currently enrolled on.

I enrolled on my Advanced ECDL/Executive PA Course in September 2014.

So you can Imagine how shocked I was when in February 2015 the Pitman finance department in Croydon contacted me to say my account was in default.

They stated that it had been so for 6 WHOLE MONTHS!

When asked why they had not contacted me earlier to bring the matter to my attention.

The response I recieved was “we had a backlog…we were poorly and unwell” etc.

I felt very angry and upset as a result of this I left the centre and went home. :mad2:

I kept trying to call the accounts department as I thought of some suggestions on how I can resolve the account

and continue my studies but it goes straight to Voicemail,

I have left emails, called the office and when asking Head Quarters about the next procedures

they simply distanced themselves from the situation going on to state Pitman Accounts in Croydon

were a separate company and just advised me to keep trying.

I emailed Patricia Porter at Croydon and had left my details, but no attempt whatsoever had been made to contact me.

After attempting to call Pitman again today I was placed on hold to wait for someone in the accounts department.

I was then informed “Sorry they’re all in meetings”.

Then very coincidently the financial controller Patricia Porter at the Pitman Croydon Centre messages me less than a minute after the call with the one line email response below:

“Dear Alesha I am away from the office today. Regards Patricia Porter”

Immediately I messaged Patricia back and asked “Who can I speak to regarding my account in your absence?”

I received no response at all.

Exactly how do you treat a student with an attitude like that?

I’m so disappointed by this lack professionalism and can’t believe I have to resort to an online post to try and reach out for advice.

It is so off putting when you have an organisation with an attitude of

“We won’t accept or return your calls when there is a problem…But we will be glad to accept your money anytime!”

I have made every effort to reach out to them to no avail and I would really like to get further advice on what I can do about this situation

as I find the accounts department in the Pitman Croydon very uncooperative,unreasonable and utterly irresponsible!:mad2:

Regards,

Alesha

Edited by citizenB

Formal complaint in writing to their Head office.

How were you making your payments to the course, by direct debit? If so, did you not notice the payments were not being taken ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I was given a 24+ Learning Loan of £1417

I just assumed that they were taking the payments from there

I was shocked they were contacting me to say they hadnt taken any payments.

I just fail to understand why they have waited so long and then tried to blame me as to why their accounts department is so slack with student money.

I said to them that i would pay the amount that i had originally agreed and signed it

was actually them that forwarded the contract to me but they say due to the circumstances

they want to disregard the original contract and up the payments.

Which sadly I cant do as I can only afford the amount per month that I signed

and agreed for in fact they still had all the banking paperwork I signed and sent me an emailed copy yesterday.

If the error was their fault, then I think they need to man up and take ownership of the problem and resolve it for you. Clearly it is their fault. As I advised earlier, make a formal complaint in writing to their head office. I guess you could email them but also send a copy by tracked mail to their Head/Registered office. That way it cant be hived off at a local level and not dealt with.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I find the reason they have given for not taking the money to be quite disingenuous - how many other students have now been faced with this problem due to the poor health of their staff !!

BCOBS

If the error was their fault, then I think they need to man up and take ownership of the problem and resolve it for you. Clearly it is their fault. As I advised earlier, make a formal complaint in writing to their head office. I guess you could email them but also send a copy by tracked mail to their Head/Registered office. That way it cant be hived off at a local level and not dealt with.
. Thanks for your advice I will write a letter to their head office and keep you updated on the outcome

type in pitman training

in the middle search of the top red toolbar

seems you are not alone

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that I didnt realise that there were others...I need to ask you guys something do you think its worth me CC ing the Finance controller and Tutors at Pitman whilst emailing the Head Office? its just they are threating to put my studies on freeze and im afraid i'll be left playing catchup on limited time I just want everyone made aware of whats going on so there is no contradictions or anything

Thanks for that I didnt realise that there were others...I need to ask you guys something do you think its worth me CC ing the Finance controller and Tutors at Pitman whilst emailing the Head Office? its just they are threating to put my studies on freeze and im afraid i'll be left playing catchup on limited time I just want everyone made aware of whats going on so there is no contradictions or anything

Absolutely, sounds like a good idea to let anyone who has their sticky paws on your account, know what you are in the process of doing.

BCOBS

Absolutely, sounds like a good idea to let anyone who has their sticky paws on your account, know what you are in the process of doing.
thanks my dear I did email there head office last night stating that I'm lodging an official complaint. I have to call the CAB today I called the NCS yesterday for advise so hopefully the will put me in touch with the educational ombudsmen of that centre.

:thumb:

BCOBS

Hi Executive-PA, I am sorry you have experienced these issues. I work within the Pitman Training Head Office, and have passed your situation on to both the centre manager of Pitman Training Group, as well as our customer support team at Head Office - who are looking into this for you now. Our main customer support email address is: [email protected] Thanks

PitmanJam - can you please make contact with our admin department before posting.

[email protected] (no spaces) You will not be permitted to post until this has been done.

I notice you were asked to do this back in 2013 for another thread, but we have not heard from you.

Please note, this message applies to any and all Pitman representatives.

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

Hi @CitizenB I have requested access several times and not had a reply from your team? Thanks

Received only the one sent today ? Private message sent to you and your post above has been approved.

BCOBS

:)

BCOBS

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all your support I thought I should just let you know I received a call from pitman today and the have agreed to honour the original agreement. I'm so pleased as I really want to continue with my studies :-) thanks for all your help and advice citizenB your a star!!

Awww shucks.. :oops:

I am really pleased you have a resolution and will amend your thread title to reflect this.

BCOBS