DVLA and Drs mistakes = total nightmare!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't really know where to start here, but about 3 years ago I quit drinking, I wasn't a full blown alcoholic but I'll admit I wasn't far off I'd binge drink a lot 3/4 times a week it helped me feel better. Any way I quit lost weight fought to make myself better and was going great, now I'm still not great at mixing with people so I thought well maybe driving a lorry would be a good option as I would be on my own a lot of the time.

So I went to the Dr to see what he thought and he was fine with it, he left the room briefly and I looked at his computer screen and noticed he put down I was still binge drinking I quizzed him about it and and told him straight I'd stopped binge drinking three years ago. He said he couldn't change it but would note I'd stopped drinking fair enough I thought.

So I called the DVLA to ask if my past drinking would be a problem they sent out a questionnaire and the next thing I know they took my car licence off me! Said because it was clear id had a drinking problem in the last 12 months. So I went back to the Dr and he pointed out the other Dr had wrote ''informed me he Stopped drinking October 2014' on my medical records and that Perhaps the DVLA had assumed up until October 2014 I was still drinking.

So he asked me to take a blood test to check my gamma GT I did and it came back normal so I thought that'll be it, I said to the Dr now you just need to clear up the mistake and they'll give me my licence back, he said no they have their own rules so I'll just send them your updated blood results.

And here I am stuck waiting and the Dr and DVLA refuse to acknowledge there's been a mistake. I can't afford court action what can I do?

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Unfortunately not a lot. They make you take at least 6 months off driving (depending on whether they deem you as dependant or abuser of alcohol), they may ask you to take a medical at your expense at one of their approved doctors, they will then take an age to consider you for a licence once the six months are up and then you will be on their radar for the next few years.

You could fight it through Magistrate court or write to your MP

Good luck

Something doesn't seem right here. Why did you go and see the doc to ask if you can drive a lorry(just because of previous drink?)

Why did you phone the dvla to ask if drinking was a problem if you stopped 3 years ago?

Did they take it off you for something you said or did they request your doctors notes?

Something doesn't seem right here. Why did you go and see the doc to ask if you can drive a lorry(just because of previous drink?)

Why did you phone the dvla to ask if drinking was a problem if you stopped 3 years ago?

Did they take it off you for something you said or did they request your doctors notes?

I went to the dr and called the DVLA to clarify all I'd been reading about the rules. And they took it off me because it says on my medical notes informed stopped drinking dated October 2014