Reply to my Statute Barred Letter - Honours Student Loans

paidinfull
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What does everyone make of this ? It's a reply to my recent Statute Barred Letter to Honours Student Loans for a Loan taken out in 1994

Basically they are stating my Statute Barred claim is void because I haven't informed them of any changes of Addresses I've had, is this true? Do they have a case?

Do I ignore the letter or reply?

I'm guessing quite a few people would have received identical letters..

Ignore it. SB applies when no written acknowledgement and payment is made for at least a clear 6 years. If they say otherwise, complain to the regulators

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Who is chasing you for this?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

pretty sure thats rubbish

they could of aquired a ccj at last known address but they did not do so

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

2nd one this week arrows have sent out wit that reply.

hang on i'll find the other one.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is complete rubbish. HSL know that, but they often try this hoping that you can be fooled as it sounds slightly plausible given what the legislations says.

This is an extract from the Money Advice Trust training materials.

'It is for claimants to prove that they could not reasonably have discovered the facts concealed by the defendant (Paragon Finance v Thakerar 1999).

The mere fact that a defendant cannot be traced, with the result that the claimant does not commence proceedings, does not prevent (a cause of action from accruing and) time from running.

Even where a person is deliberately hiding from a claimant the 'concealment' provisions relate only to concealment of the cause of action and not to cases where debtors conceal themselves from the claimant (Lowsley v Forbes 1999)

Pre-legal? Lol?

I can see this being a tactic tried until it goes to court. mention fraud and most people get scared, it is a trick used by a plonker on another site, constantly quoting the fraud act. If they had an old address why didn't someone issue a claim at that address, now that would have stopped the SB clock

These people do love those supposedly scary terms . Lets face it many people who are indoctrinated would believe that they are about to be carted off to a debtors prison.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Yeah exactly, I mean presumably it's all pre-legal until it's legal surely? Do I get one from the post legal team afterwards? Anyway I'm just continuing to ignore them. My thread is this one http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?435222-Honours-Student-Loans-trace-letter-after-15yes&p=4695634&viewfull=1#post4695634