junes0000

Told today site has already been Tuped over

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1714 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My husband who has worked for the same security company for 10 years has had a phone call today from his supervisor who asked him has he received a letter off his new employer with regards to the site he has been working at has already been tuped over.

my husband has been off sick since early december with an infection and matters relating to chemotherapy due to prostate cancer.

he told the supervisor this is the first he's heard of anything and the supervisor said he would call back after speaking to the new employer.

my husband is at a loss over what to say about his employment rights and what is in his best interests when his supervisor phones back.

Please could anyone help with regards to this

regards

junes0000

his length of service, and contract terms, are broadly preserved; it's just that the employer changes.

try not to worry; this is a very common event. Hopefullly all will be well.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

his length of service, and contract terms, are broadly preserved; it's just that the employer changes.

try not to worry; this is a very common event. Hopefullly all will be well.

thank you for such a speedy reply but the problem is, he thought he should have been given notice of this tupe but he did not know anything about this till he got a phone call today that the site had already been taken over without his knowledge and when and how will he get his SSP etc.

hopefully it is just an admin error. wait for the supervisor's call; if not forthcoming write and ask for clarification. New employer shoud pick right up with SSP.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

once again i am grateful for replies and will wait for phone call or letter

If there has been a TUPE transfer and your husband wasn't consulted with, he could have an ET claim for a failure to inform and consult, worth up to 90 days' gross pay.

As Emmzzi correctly states though - transfers are quite common and the TUPE legislation seeks to preserve employment rights and terms and conditions with the new employer.

Just make sure he didn't "disappear" during the due diligence process - I saw a case once where a long term sick employee who received no pay wasn't on the transferring list and so when they attempted to return to work, both companies denied responsibility for them!