• Tweets

• Hi all,   I just wanted to give you an update and ask for further advice.   The car has been taken to a local garage today and we have been sent a video (just a close up of the engine with the broken pipe) of the suspected issue which they have said is an air flow pipe which has broken. He said it wasn’t broken when the car was sold to us and so he will buy the part & we pay for the labour.   We really feel that he should pay for this entirely, I also don’t want to set a precedent by paying for the labour if things deteriorate further with this car.  He also hasn’t stated how much the labour is, something we will ask when we respond to his message.   How do you think we should proceed?  I don’t want to take the wrong approach now.
    • Hi can I ask about these letters received from this company... I have received information from friends who ignore them  I am worried I just received a letter after parking in Livingston center one week night (31/8). I did not notice any sign stating limited time.  They are looking for £50. I don't want any hassles but does this legally stand in Scotland and also its took 21 days for the letter to arrive (22/9) Any advice would be appreciated  Thanks in advance 
    • Probate isn't cleared funds and I can confirm it's taking much longer than usual.  Even a simple bank account can take over a month and NS&I are taking around three months to release funds to executors.   I've only just paid out on the will of my aunt who died on 2nd March and I held an LPA for her so knew exactly what was where and the financial institutions already knew my identity.
    • I've had a quick look at the Internet and they reckon that even for a simple will it could take nine months to 12 months for everything to be organised and funds to be distributed. So you may be a little bit early. Why don't you contact the executor very gently and ask them how is it going and when did they think it might be finished. Maybe it will help if you express some appreciation for the task that they've taken on – because it can be quite complicated
    • Yes of course you can oblige her to give you the money. I'm not quite sure what cause of action you would need to rely on if you had to go to court. In terms of how much you are entitled to receive if there is not enough to go around everybody, I would have thought that it would be allocated in proportion – but I'm really not sufficiently sure of my ground to say for certain. Maybe somebody else will come along and give more precise advice – and maybe the answer will occur to me through the day
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Bank account for 16 year old, no ID?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2051 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sorry if this is the wrong place, feel free to move it if it could go somewhere better...

To cut a long story short, my partner's neice is staying with us at the moment. She has enrolled in a local college who will pay her a bursary for attending.

She has no bank account, and they can only pay the bursary into a bank account in her name.

The problem is, due to the circumstances she moved in with us very quickly, in another part of the country to her home town. She did not bring an ID with her, any ID she has is with her mother and getting it sent here is proving impossible.

So... Is it possible for her to get a bank account without ID? Anything to get her bursary paid to her.

Alternatively I guess we could try to get the bursary paid into my account, but I suspect the college woldn't be too keen.

Any advice would be great :)

I think that you should make an appointment with college authorities and meet them with the niece to discuss the problem. Reading between the lines, I gather that there is some tension between her and her family. I think that you need to explain this to then college. You may well find them very sympathetic and anxious to help.

Also, I don't kow what the rules are for getting hold of birth certificates - but I would consider contacting the birth certificate, but I think that it may be possible for her to obtain her own one. Start looking here - https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate#what-you-need-to-know

It may be easier than you think