Link and old Barclaycard debt

howdoi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello,

i have been a Barclay card holder for 20 years ,

six years ago I had to pack up work and could no longer afford the full monthly repayments

I phoned Barclaycard and we came to an agreement that I could repay a fixed amount per month and that they would cancel the intrest,

as I say this was six years ago,

does anybody know why now they would transfer my payments over to asset link(no5) limited,

and not just continue to receive payment themselves,

,,strange

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi & Welcome to CAG,

Has the debt been sold or are Asset Link collecting on behalf of Barclays?

I would have a check of your Credit reference File to see if anything is listed.

If either collecting on behalf of or sold then the debt is transferred with the rights of the repayment agreement in place.

Have you got all of your statements? If not send a SAR to Barclaycard and reclaim all late penalty/telephone/letter charges plus any PPI if it was ever added at any time.

Do not use any Company to reclaim charges, you can do it yourself for free, just ask away if you need any help.

Send Asset Link a CCA request, enclose a £1 postal order (link for CCA request in top toolbar under Library), Asset Link have 12+2 working days to comply, the +2 working days are to allow for postage, if they fail to supply you with the correct documentation then the account goes into dispute and you can legally stop paying.

Do not talk to Asset Link on the telephone, the telephone is their number 1 threat tool, like all DCA's they will lie, cheat, misinform & bully to get extra payments out of you, keep everything in writing so you have a paper trail.

If anyone does ring, refuse to go through the DPA questions and tell them to write to you and hang up.

Stigman

• Haha 1

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

thank for the reply,

the actual words of the letter are,

we will shortly be transferring your account to a third party called asset link capital(no5) limited to recover your outstanding payments,

this is in line with your terms and conditions,

surely as I have never missed a payment

I have not broke my terms and conditions,

CCA Request time as well!!

have a read of this thread

you are not alone.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?440862-asset-link-capital-no5Ltd

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this company is interesting

it is a "dormant" company

there are also several others with similar names based at the same address including numbers 1 2 3 and 4

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

i have a feeling it is a shell company owned by barclays. more than likely a way to write off bad debts and claim tax relief whilst still receiving payment.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

A dormant company is one that doesn’t trade and has no accounting transactions.

There are two main situations where owning a dormant limited company can be useful for start-ups and small business owners;

1. Protecting your interests if you are a business operating as a sole trader, or are thinking of becoming self employed.

2. Preserving your limited company, if you are stopping trading for a period of time.

Dormant companies can also be used to hold an asset, such as a freehold property. However this purpose is of limited relevance to small business owners, so it will not be covered in this guide.

Which means if they are going to be taking payments they should not be a dormant company....

Stigs advice in post #2 is the way id suggest u go

asset are link and have always been

get a CCA request off to them pronto.

follow that other threads I posted.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if I contact Barclaycard for a cca and they cant come up with anything, does that mean I can ignore anything fron asset link.

hi I am asking Barclaycard for a CCA on my Barclay cards am I correct I need to state section 78

no you are not

you sent the CCA request

to asset LINK.

£1 BLANK PO

do not sign anything.

dx

and they

Hi Howdoi,

Wait until you get written contact from Link and then use the CCA request template letter in our Library. It'll cost £1.

If you don't have all your old BC statements, send BC a SAR request asap, costing you £10. You'll probably only get back data for the last 6 years during which time there may have been no penalty charges added.

So it is really important that you look for any older statements that you may have. These could be worth a small fortune in penalty charges and compound interest.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)