Fighting an unfair Euro car parks "parking charge notice" - Scotland

a184

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am looking for information that explains what to do when you have been the victim of a private "penalty charge notice" along with template letters to send to the parking company.

Unfortunately my grandpa was sent one of these notices (his relative was legitimately shopping in the retail park) and appears to have unwittingly overstayed the two hour limit and been picked up by ANPR. It is over a month ago so they don't have shopping receipts.

I remember reading in the forums a few years ago about the contract to park being between the driver (NOT the registered keeper) and the landowner and there were templates to this effect to send. I can't find them.

Could someone please point me towards them so that I can fight this unfair charge?

no such thing as a private penalty charge notice

company and type of ticket please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hehe you slipped that one in whilst my slow connection was sending the dots'n'dashes

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, thanks for your messages and sorry for the slow reply.

The company is "Euro car parks", it was in Glasgow, the 'offence' was 20/12/14 and their letter is dated 29/12/14. I gather it was received shortly thereafter. They have called it a "Parking Charge Notice (PCN)"

It is a number plate capture.

Thanks

Tell your grandfather to simply ignore it. It's Scotland so they have no right to chase the registered keeper of the vehicle for anything. He might get some letters but that'll be it. ECP won't do court.

Please note;

I am not a legally qualified solicitor and all my advice is based on my past experiences in the relevant field. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidance only.

I would always recommend to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Hi everyone, thanks for your messages and sorry for the slow reply.

The company is "Euro car parks", it was in Glasgow, the 'offence' was 20/12/14 and their letter is dated 29/12/14. I gather it was received shortly thereafter. They have called it a "Parking Charge Notice (PCN)"

It is a number plate capture.

Thanks

No action has been taken by your grandfather I take it?

good move

dx

and they