You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Dear All, thanks so much for taking time to answer me, I will read through these replies properly after breakfast. Really appreciate your time and wanting to help.   In answer to a couple of questions:    1. it was an expensive flat. I could afford it when I took it on, started to struggle with rent late last year, couldn’t get anyone to share (second bedroom I used as office is tiny). I knew the landlords wouldn’t let me out of the lease early, so I planned to stay till end of March, find somewhere cheaper. Lockdown messed up plans. Lowell’s mention my “staying months after I gave notice” - I gave notice in January that I would leaving before the lease was up. Couldn’t do that, Govt told us all to stay put.  2. The checkout will be completed this coming week. A worry for me is that there may be rain damage that they will try to charge me for, but the video should cover me there. (There was a spot on balcony where rain came into flat during heavy downpours - I put a plant in a pot there which blocked it, and it dried out. Some peeling to paintwork which would need touching up. Pointed this out to landlord during inspection last year. They said to keep eye and report if it got worse.) Other than that, fair wear and tear and not much of that, I never wore shoes indoors, don’t smoke. My cleaner cleaned inside cupboards, doors, skirting boards so it looks pretty immaculate.  3. I spoke to two former tenants who had trouble getting their deposits back, landlords tried to charge them hundreds for deep cleaning and spurious damage accusations. One still in dispute with them.    Will continue in a bit and try not to ramble.  Thanks
    • He said because I chose a 2 seater and 2 love seats, these are made to measure, custom made for me?   I chose the standard sizes, nothing out of the ordinary which could be sold again     I would have thought that but apparently not. He says I signed to agree to not being able to cancel as per their terms and conditions, but I cant see anywhere where it says I cant cancel unless it's after I received them?
    • Well do you agree with him that it is made-to-measure? Anyway, if they haven't been delivered then surely you are within the terms of the contract to cancel anyway.
    • he also said if I cancel I have to pay in full
    • Hi, I have just had a call with the branch manager who states that this is a custom made order (cos I chose a 2 seater and a 3 seater - not given specific measurements)  He also said that if I ordered online I would have 14 days, not if I order in store I didn't get to record the call He said the contract I signed which I didn't get to read states they do not accept cancellations as per their terms and conditions - the only thing I can find in the terms and conditions is where it say I have no right to cancel once delivered Terms and Conditions.pdf
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
stu007

French Government award Legion d’Honneur to all surviving veterans of D-Day

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1973 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The French Government wishes to award the Legion d’Honneur to all surviving veterans of D-Day.

The MOD website contains the following information

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/d-day-veterans-award-of-the-legion-dhonneur – for the MOD news story

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/d-day-70-application-form-for-award-of-the-legion-dhonneur – for details about how to apply.

Once you have opened this link, follow the below instructions:

If you double click on where it says Administration Form for the D-Day 70 award of the Legion D’Honneur, a Word document is automatically download.

Complete the form remembering to save it and a copy should then either be e-mailed to PersTrg-DSSec-CommemAug1@mod.uk

or posted to the following address:

Personnel and Training - Defence Services Secretary

- Commemorations

Floor 6 Zone C

Ministry of Defence

Main Building

LONDON

SW1A 2HB

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group