macbook

firstship
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Purchased a Mac recently and am having problems inserting links/attatchments on CAG to replies to threads,what am I missing apart from IT brain cells.

I click on "insert link" usual window comes up "http//" type in link details but get nowhere..HELP

FS

I personally just copy and paste the link into the post myself. Try and insert a video from you tube, see if that works. You just copy the video URL and paste it when you click on Insert Video on your CAG post.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

You could always try firefox browser.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 years later...

have a Mac White that is just over 4 years old and

the Magsafe Power Cable is perishing, and becoming dangerous,

this seems to be a common fault although Apple will not acknowledge the same.

I approached the retailer who is an Apple approved retailer.

and we are at the point with the complaint where the retailer states that SOGA does not apply it is fair wear and tare.

Any comments as to how I stand?

FS

I think you might have used the word 'perishing' wrongly. Usual cause of problems with power cables is the way they are wound up after each use. If that is the case, then yes it is fair wear and tear.

Can you post any pics ?

Conniff Hi,thanks for your reply, (am having a spelling blip)the term would be better described as the rubber jacket around the power cable is breaking down.

I do not wind the cable up at all as i work from a desk so the cable is plugged in permanently,but switched of over night

.Have checked online and internationally there are complaints about the rubber jacket around the power cable.I have sent via email copies of the complaints and replacement policy by numerous retailers,to the retailer I am dealing with,

Still sticking to his original fair wear and tear policy.

My cable is covered with insulation tape in the problem area's so pics not that practical

Many thanks

FS

• 6 months later...

Hi Use a Macbook white late 2009 model.Under the SOGA does the battery which will not charge at all fall into the not suitable for purpose? As it is a battery that Apple say can only be replaced by them?

Purchased November 2009 so time is running out,any thoughts on this please

FS

Unfortunately batteries will generally be classed as a consumable. 5 years for a battery is a very good lifespan for it really, so I seriously doubt the SOGA would be of any use.

And whilst Apple say only they can replace it, you'll certainly be able to find third parties that are able to do so.

5 years for a laptop battery is extremely good. The average lifespan before it fails is normally 12-18 months. Thats why its recommended that if you are at home, you keep it plugged into the charger, and only use the battery life as and when you have to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Maxx and Reneg thanks for your replies,much as i thought but worth a question.The local Macman approved Apple repairer wants £95 to supply and fit,compared to the Apple Genius Bar this saves nearly £50.

thanks again to both of you

FS

95 to supply and fit? Id just do it myself with a battery from ebay and not pay extortionate fees. Batteries cost around £35-£50 depending on the model. It certainly doesnt cost them £45 simply to fit it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D