BankFodder BankFodder

Kelloggs36

HMRC withdraw my appeal, any ideas why?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1884 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I just wondered if it is normal practice for them to withdraw an appeal before having had any contact (save for the letter acknowledging my appeal). Do they have the right just to withdraw because they want to? Do I not have the right to a hearing even if they are sure they will win?>

If they have withdrawn then you have won so no need to still have an hearing and waste time and money

If they have withdrawn then you have won so no need to still have an hearing and waste time and money[/quote

Does that mean they will refund me the money they recovered? I was arguing that it was employer error that caused the underpayment of tax and that I should not have to repay when I had given all correct info to all parties. I was not disagreeing that there had been an underpayment. They adjusted.my tax code to recover the money anyway.