Enforcement agent says Blindness and deafness not vulnerable

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have an outstanding high court debt. A bailiff was sent to my address by High Court Enforcement in Wales.

I answered the door and explained to him I was registered both blind and deaf and that there was nobody else in the house and please could he go away as I couldnt help him.

The response I got was "You answered the door therefore you are not vulnerable". I told him I wouldnt let him in. He said "Thats your right, but if I find a window or door open anytime I can get in". Apart from that being a threat to a disabled person, I thought that they could only come through a door now, and that forcible enrty was restricted to criminal fines and associated with good they had already taken possession of.

Has he the right to tell me I am not vulnerable because I answered the door? His medical training must have come in useful there. I am worried about his return. Does anybody have any advice for me please?

What was the original debt for please ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello it was for unpaid school fees. I had a stroke and was unable to carry on working. My daughter was exdpelled from the school mid term and we were charged for whole year plus 50% equalling 17000 no way I could pay it and still no way.

Has there been any forms from northampton bulk court?

Has a CCJ been obtained?

Who was the Enforcment Agent working for?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Also the +50% would that be considered a penalty? and thus nonenforceable?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The 50%is in the school contract. I am trying to get them into our local county court but its so complicated trying to get high court permissions and transfers and in the meanwhile I think this person will come back. we live in rented accomodation. we have nothing. I was stretching myself sending my daughter there to give her a chance I never got. We really dont have this kind of money and the school know it.

Northampton yes. My wigfe phoned and asked how they could get a judgement without us putting our side of bthings. she gotb some guff about paperwork they sent us. we did not get whatever it was then 2 days after phone call matey showed up. A friend suggested getting it back into court locally and trying to get instalments worked out. I spoke to the school they are not interested and referred me to their solicitors who took the line they can only act on instruction. I they can see a big pay day from this

I'm positive we can help get you sorted out even if only to pay in instalments & Stay the enforcement action. You will need to download 2 Forms from HMCTS:

1 - Form N245 to apply for a Variation Order

2 - Form N244 to apply for a Stay of Execution which if granted halts all further enforcement actionm & charges

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kevnf

I am so sorry to hear of your disabilities. The sad fact is that many debtors 'claim' that they are 'vulnerable' and simply consider that this will be sufficient for a bailiff collecting a government debt or enforcing a judgment on behalf of a creditor to simply withdraw from the premises. It will not happen.

If there is a case of genuine vulnerability then at the very least some sort of documentary evidence really should be provided. In your case, I would assume that evidence should be easy to provide and I urge you to do so.

Before even getting to a personal visit you should have been sent a Notice of Enforcement. Did you receive this?

Before even getting to a personal visit you should have been sent a Notice of Enforcement. Did you receive this?

I have a sneaking suspicion the address they are using is incorrect.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which bailiff company please

No we didn't receive that. And I showed him my Registration of blindness and deafness. Thats when he made the comment about answering the door

Kevnf,

Thank you for this additional information which is very significant indeed!!

You will see that Bankfodder has asked for details of which bailiff company this individual was representing. For your information, Bankfodder is the owner of this entire forum and his input should demonstrate to you how serious your post is.

PS: If you feel that you do not want to reveal the name of the company then please press the report post and a site team member will contact you.

I have complained to HCE group and sent a copy of a Doctors letter confirming my health problems. I also asked for confirmation they had recieved it. Thaey have-by recorded mail and email. I got no reply

Looks like HCE Group are out of order, please follow the advice from ploddertom, and put in that application for stay and variation. As to vulnerability the HCEO is talking from his bowel bugle, what you showed him is imho prima facie evidence of vulnerability.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!