how long can a job be left advertised

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Seperate question totally different issue; how long can a job be left advertised - just curious if no expiry date for applications - I assume can be short or as long as anyone likes; then decisions to be made on who needs to be seen; size of firm take them longer - how long should I wait before I assume not heard; as I know after a while I wouldn't; just trying to get a learning curve here - one for example 3 weeks ago; very small firm so I guess they'll need time to decide, staff sickness before another person decides

Can't hurt to phone and ask if they've had a chance to consider your application.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.