style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hmm, the Manager at Stratford E15 JCP is Lorraine Richmond, but I can't see Stratford JCP itself having anything to do with the claim.

Stratford, Benefit Centre, Nine Elms Lane, London SW95 9AB isn't a JCP it's a DWP Benefits Decision Centre sorting office, it deals with ESA claims for my area as well which is Stratford E15 although the postcode is different SW95 9AA it diverts mail to respective BDC's.

You need to find out the office that actually processes the claim, in my case it's:

Glasgow Benefit Centre

Mail Handling Site A

Wolverhampton

WV98 1BZ

They deal with London claims ( I know, it seems very odd that Glasgow would be handling claims for London but they do!).

Thank you it's so confusing on the letter they usually send about your benefit it has the address:- Stratford, Benefit Centre, Nine Elms Lane, London SW95 9AB but Wood Green, Haringey is the local job centre. Cathy was on ESA contribution-based and is just migrating to ESA Income Related, the dwp never send her a notice as the said they would and the only way she knew when I check her bank there was nothing in there that was december 2013 was the last money she, I cannot see why they have to take such a long time to make a decision. I will send the email to haringey and to my MP and see what happens at the moment we have nothing to loose but can only gain.

:(

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked for Glasgow BDC - at the time we only handled west and central London. That may have changed now, but London is way too large for one BDC to deal with all of its benefit claims. IIRC, Stratford, Makerfield (which is in Lancashire) and Romford BDCs also deal with parts of the city.

There's no real benefit in addressing a letter specifically to the manager, but if you really insist, make sure to mark the envelope "Private and Confidential" to ensure it arrives unopened on the manager's desk. Send it to Stratford BDC at their standard mailing address which, as osdset points out, is not the same as the physical location of the office.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

... Cathy cannot get food bank because she is homeless and I cannot get food bank because I am on benefit. ...

Really? I was under the impression you'd both be prime food bank beneficiaries due to these circumstances. Is it that different in London?

That's why I said try homeless day centres for food. You would think the homeless can use food banks. Strange rules.

I'm in north London too. Stratford is my BDC. Wood Green and Turnpike Lane I go shopping though 30 mins on the bus.

Are you sure it's Stratford BDC? All my letters have Hackney BDC on them, I've never seen one with Stratford at the top.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

It was Stratford when I lived in south London, zone 5, and north London zone 5 is still Stratford.

Will try to google something for the girls, ie food wise. Cathy is statutory homeless so can not see why she would not be entitled to help at homeless day centres where ppl eat, shower, wash their clothes, receive advice. Impossible that such places are for rough sleepers only.

Volunteered with "Crisis at Christmas" in Camden and Kings Cross and the food was really good. It is a one-week annual event to give a bed to sleep in and a nice Xmas, advice, various services for the homeless.

Having gone through many websites for London Food Banks, I can see nothing excluding the homeless and people on benefits from receiving this help. You may need to be referred, but that shouldn't be a problem.

CAB, GP issue foodbank vouchers. OP says they can not eat tinned food due to health condition.

http://www.habcentre.org/news/day-centre-services

Homeless Action Barnet on the above link: lunch for £1.50 Mon - Fri.

Charities approach supermarkets to get food that would be thrown away because of its sell by date.

Can not see why an individual could not do the same asking for food for a friend [eg kebab shops, small restaurants].

You might find it a strange idea but I really can not find anything on the net. Barnet borough is big so if they have to go on the bus then it is money spent. Above centre may be too far to walk and lunch still costs.

Your 1st port of call really should be a GP!

A good GP will have a few avenues open and know local services and either refer or direct you to self referral.

Before you do any of the below on the housing side contact SHELTER!

I'd also give these folks a shot http://www.shp.org.uk/services

Although I absolutely loath these muppets see if you can self refer http://www.iapt.nhs.uk/services/services/london-nhs-iapt-services/ - you can not get to secondary services (well the little that's left) without going via IAPT 1st!

Check the local councils website to for a housing/welfare rights service.

Whilst the SHP are not the greatest they will walk you through the Council application process and they also offer activities and things to get involved in like cinema trips, walks in the park and art classes.

Something to ease yourself into when you are ready and aim for.

p.s. South of the river >>>> North of the river :whoo:

Thank you for your posts Beatrice and Speed. (I missed the bit about can't use tins). It's bad enough that so many are forced to rely on Food Banks, but I was quite shocked that people might be being denied even that. I hope things get sorted out for them.

Just another update booked another appointment for Cathy which was Thursday 13th February 2014 was another telephone appointment for 12.30pm made sure the Ingeus adviser had the right telephone numbers but he never rang on the date he gave cathy, we waited recorded machine, notepad and pen at the ready 12.30pm no phone call, an hour later no phone call, I check my email nothing. I wonder what happened there first he didn't have the right number when he did get the number no phone call and poor cathy was besides herself with worry about the appointment, I told her looks like the ingeus adviser is more a bog of nerves than her, I didn't bother to chase him and ask why he didn't ring on the time and date he gave us it is his problem not cathy's now we wait and see what they come out with, no wonder he didn't want to send an email confirmation about the new appointment but I wrote it down on the original letter.

Cathe is not receiving any money hasn't been since december 2013 I am now writing a letter to my local MP about it rang them yesterday the MP's secretary was shocked to hear cathy hasn't had any benefit money since december 2013 and told me to write all about it and let them sort it out, dwp hopefully are in for a shock the woman at the dwp wouldn't give me the manager's name for me to complaint, she wanted to write what I want to say and pass it on to customer services Yeah! right as if I trust them they must think some of us are fools to believe everything they say and think they are the law too.

Edited by honeybee13
Allegations.

Hello everyone,

I need to write to my MP on behalf on behalf of Cathy,

she was on esa wrag group and it stopped on the 31st December 2013,

the last payment she has was 27th December 2013.

She has had no letter to this day from the dwp,

she is also homeless and staying at my place.

I have made numerous phone calls to the dwp about her claim for esa income related,

I was asked to fill in an esa3 and a Living together form,

I've filled in all the forms and was told it will now be send to the decision maker!

It is now 9 weeks and Cathy has had no money at all what so ever,

I rang dwp to ask for the Manager's name to make a complaint

the lady on the phone absolutely refused to give me the name of the manager,

I have decided to write to my local MP but with all the stress my mind is completely blank.

Please I need help how to draft my letter to the MP effectively to get their attention we are both desperate,

my debt are all behind, I may loose my phone, internet connection, haven't been able to pay my rent either,

I'm having to support My son, Cathy, two cats on my Income support money which I get every two weeks.

I am eating the same meal for 5 days can't afford to feed us all on new meal each day.

We are extremely desperate and the DWP has turned a blind eyes to cathy's case.

Thanks in advance

I guess no one can help me on this but it's ok I've had to wreck my brain and send an email to my local MP fingers crossed cathy can get some help. I must have write my message wrong for no one wanting to help, I just thought people that has written to their Mp what way they draft their letter just the header to catch the Mp attention that is all.

Anyway email gone I wait and see

Thanks everyone

When I had issue with A4e, I contacted my MP through the local "surgery". This enabled me to discuss the problem at hand and provide various documents when asked. Had I resorted to a letter, it would have been long winded and probably lack any focus...

Each problem is different, so there is no standard template. The problems you are facing are complicated by failures in DWP internal procedures, and there is no simple answer. If it were me, I'd start by making an appointment to see my MP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

When I had issue with A4e, I contacted my MP through the local "surgery". This enabled me to discuss the problem at hand and provide various documents when asked. Had I resorted to a letter, it would have been long winded and probably lack any focus...

Each problem is different, so there is no standard template. The problems you are facing are complicated by failures in DWP internal procedures, and there is no simple answer. If it were me, I'd start by making an appointment to see my MP.

Thank you for your reply Mr. P. appreciate it, I have so far sent an email to my MP and got an automated reply that they will deal with the situation as soon as possible there is a drop in session but it is not until the 3rd of March, I guess when one is desperate 3rd of March seems a life time away.

I am worrying about loosing my telephone and internet, debts mounted up, rent arrears, Mobile phones, sky etc that's all been cut off don't mind it at all they are not important but situation is getting to destitution unless cathy get her benefit money so for us every minute counts but do understand nothing will go as we want it to be and just have to wait.

I will give my MP a ring and hopefully someone can tell me yes they have my email in hand.

:(

• 4 weeks later...
I worked for Glasgow BDC - at the time we only handled west and central London. That may have changed now, but London is way too large for one BDC to deal with all of its benefit claims. IIRC, Stratford, Makerfield (which is in Lancashire) and Romford BDCs also deal with parts of the city.

There's no real benefit in addressing a letter specifically to the manager, but if you really insist, make sure to mark the envelope "Private and Confidential" to ensure it arrives unopened on the manager's desk. Send it to Stratford BDC at their standard mailing address which, as osdset points out, is not the same as the physical location of the office.

Thank you Antone, I have email addresses for three different DWP Managers North London District, Haringey and North London, I am so drained out but will send those three the same emails, I am trying to be careful because I want to word the emails so that they sort out cathy's benefit without ignoring my email. I will be asking them questions why and under what guidance and legislations they've followed that they can just cut off a claimant's benefit without warning, I want to know who are involved, and what has written on their notes between the dwp staff I will go via FOI to ask for those information and also will mention that I intend to go to the press. I will get in touch with the ombudsman as for the MP cathy did get much luck there as the chap that deal with her case send everything to my local council and of course they said they have no trace of her, why would they cathy has never claimed housing benefit of any kind and of course told the MP chap that with regards to benefit is to deal with the DWP, stupid MP staff you would think he would know all that pff now I am on my own dealing with it.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Thanks Speedfreak and RaeUK for our replies appreciate it, food banks are not as easy as people think even then it's only for three days and you can only get them for so many weeks it's not continuous, again as mention cathy cannot eat those food in tins she becomes very sick because of her severe migraine and additives in those food, her GP is very helpful and always co-operate with hassle. Anyway I shall try emailing those dwp managers and see what happen.

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

Happy New year 2015 to you all. I hope you all had a good Christmas and New year.

Can someone please tell me is the National Insurance Contributions ESA mean tested?

My friend's letter from DWP says:-

We will Credit you with National Insurance contributions while claiming ESA?

Does that mean it is not ESA Income related which is mean tested? Does that mean the esa is actually being paid by National Insurance similar to ESA Contribution-Based?

Thanks all.

helen

It simply means that the DWP will pay National Insurance contributions so that the year(s) claiming ESA count when it comes to claiming a state pension.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Some of you may remember my long story about my friend Cathy her benefit stopped etc. I spent last year studying benefit law it's a must to fight the DWP and Atos. MP, Ombudsman didn't get much help in the end I took matter in my own hands and deal with the big bad boys both Atos and DWP anyway just got a phone call today Cathy is in the Support Group ESA, she didn't even call to attend a face to face medical. I enclose a legal threat together with the ESA50 should the HCP not qualified.

As soon as her benefit was reinstated she got sent an ESA50 questionnaire on the same day her money was in the bank, harassing rude and abrupt phone calls from the DWP then got called for a Customer Compliance officer interview and work-focus interview on the same date and time within 3 days. I told them no way that was going to happen.

I accompany Cathy to her CCO fraud interview last Wednesday that CCO did everything to stop her benefit that's a new way the DWP are stopping people money every new claimants are sent to the Customer Compliance Officer but each time I fought her, Cathy's case is genuine and its the DWP who illegally stopped her benefit in the end the Customer Compliance officer abandon the meeting I never saw her again, she let her colleague deal with me what was meant to be an hour appointment I stayed for 3 hours and wrote the MF47 statement myself the CCO didn't like it one bit but I was not going to let them win in the end we won. Cathy is so happy especially not needing to go for an Atos Medical.

My advice learn as much as you can about benefit law and throw DWP and ATOS own guidances at them you will get anything you are entitled to. My experience I did not go for Mandatory Reconsideration that's a cop out anyway also if you go for their Tribunal etc the DWP can overturn things in their favour if you take them through to court they cannot touch you once the judge made a decision. I wanted to take them to court they hated it because they know they were in the wrong right from the beginning.

Every letter I wrote to the DWP and ATOS I enclose threats of legal action they had nowhere to go the end results the Support Group. Now I shall go for DLA or PIP I'll make sure she'll get that too. I purchased the Halsbury's Law of England 104 Welfare Benefits & State Pensions Drabble 5th Edition from ebay then sent it back once I got reference I needed that book tells you all about Social Security benefit law you won't even come across on the .Govt website.

Please people fight for what's rightfully yours, If I've done so can anyone. I've done it without the help of CAB, MP and Ombudsman they are corrupt too. Please be very careful with Customer Compliance Officer they are corrupt and can cut your benefit that is their intentions.

Have a good day all. :)

Bit mean sending the book back

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Bit mean sending the book back

Depends who the seller was. I purchased a book through an ebay trader, and now they spam my email account with junk "offers"....

Helen2264: Well done on all the hard work you have put in over the last year. It must have been very stressful on both you and Cathy.

I remember Cathy's story and I'm very glad it's all turned out right; she has a great - and most formidable - friend in you. Hope things are easier for her from now on.

Regarding buying a book, reading it then sending it back.. I can't criticise that as in my fashon-crazy youth we would buy a new shirt to wear on Friday night at the disco then return it to the shop on Saturday morning (hopefully not beer-stained), make an excuse like 'unwanted gift' and get a refund. Repeat with different shop next week, etc

I was just 'wearing-in' the shirts to make them comfortable for the next person, that's how I saw it :)

Great news, happy it has all worked out well for both of you.

Re sending stuff back - why not? As jasta mentioned I also done the same, new shirt for a big night out and as long as it survived beer, kebab etc iron the next day and take it back for a refund - my Father worked in menswear so made it look like it had never been worn - saved me a fortune!