desperately need help with paypal scam and negative balance

choppy22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

here goes

i was contacted my an ebay sellers club on facebook just a few weeks before christmas 2014 asking me to sell michael kors bags through my ebay account, i would recieve the money from the customers and i would send it on to the alleged seller, they would pay all my paypalicon fees and ebay fees, im very vunerable and fell for this [problem], i started to send money onto the supplier andd customers didnnt revieve thier items so requested a refund back through paypal (im glad these customers got thier money back) however my paypal account is now in a deficit of £4500 .. this wouuld be the total amount i sent through to the alleged supplier....

the plot thickens....

i contacted the email address that i was sending money onto she said she thought she was recieving money for goods as contacted by the original [problem]mer, the [problem]mer advised her to send the money she had recieved from me to a western union account and the [problem]mer would send the goods out to me....

so now the [problem]mer is no where to be seen

ive reported to action fraudicon

we have the western union name

and the [problem]mer has set up various other facebook pages selling stuff

action fraud have passed this onto the met police and said they can help but will reply in 28 days as to what they are gonna do

however

paypal are now pursuing me for the money even though i have advised of all of the above paypal say i authorised everything on the account and the account is my responsibly and so therefor i need to make a payment.. borrow it, anything to get the account balance down basically

i said i do not have the money none of the money has physically passed to me i have a crime ref number from action fraud they said that is no use to them and if i dont pay the amount outstanding it will be referred to a debt collectionicon agency, even though it is being investigated by action fraud/met police and i have to wait 28 days... what do i do where do i stand?

i even rang citizen advice and they said they cant pursue it while its being investigated

please help me, this is distressing me so much

thanks in advance

Paypal are powerless.

How are you corresponding with them?

If it's over the phone, which I doubt, then stop.

They are hoping that the constant harassment will make you buckle and pay money you don't owe.

Ignore them until AF & Met have carried out their investigation, either way, the ONLY way they will get ANY money from you would be to put you

before a Judge and attempt to win them round that you weren't a victim of fraud, something they won't be able to do.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Seriously, all you need to do is laugh and hang up.

If you can block their number do so, you are under absolutely no legal obligation to speak to them at all.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Try and deal with the facts as they are, don't second guess what the police may or may not do.

You've reported it as a crime, you have the CRN, Action Fraud are also aware, therefore all PP are doing is willy waving.

They cannot do anything whilst the investigation is ongoing, and even when it has finished, they aren't going to get any money out of you.

Keep a diary of events regarding the telephone harassment, if they don't get the message when you laugh and hang up, try ''everything in writing'' then hang up.

If that fails send report them to your local cop shop for the criminal offence of harassment, one call from plod will shut them up.

Is it actually PP? What number are they calling from?

• 4 weeks later...
paypal are now pursuing me for the money even though i have advised of all of the above paypal say i authorised everything on the account and the account is my responsibly and so therefor i need to make a payment.. borrow it, anything to get the account balance down basically

Don't let them bully you. There is a real risk that you're going to be liable for the £4,500, but they can't just snap their fingers and demand full payment. If you can't afford it, they'll have to accept small instalments.

If you're lucky, it will be written off during the fraud investigation. But don't count on that. Fingers crossed for you.

Do you mean CSL? Credit Solutions Ltd?

You have absolutely nothing to worry about, they can't even get a fully compliant webpage up and running!

http://www.creditsolutions.co.uk/

Pretty sure it's missing some substantial and relevant information legally required?

What have they sent you?

You really need to keep a diary of events now, in regard to the potential harassment and deformation.

Have you checked your credit files recently? Does this show on there?

I'm in two minds as to whether you should simply ignore them, or fire a warning shot across their bows and let them know you're in control.

If you can scan and post up what they have sent you, after carefully 'removing' ALL identifiers, name, barcodes, silly squiggly boxes, ref numbers etc, it will give others a good idea, as it is likely the first of their letters they send in a long line of empty threats and intimidation...

• 1 year later...

Paypal have not yet to my knowledge ever taken anyone to court.

You will get all sorts of telephone calls trying to get you to cough up the money from both Paypal and whatever DCA they are currently using.

With the phone calls - either ignore or hang up as soon as you know who it is. Any letters you can either bin, recycle or keep for a future laugh.

In the end Paypal will simply write the debt off - but you will be barred from having another Paypal account using your present details. Alter them slightly and you can have another account.

I suppose there is always a first for everything - so in the very unlikely event you receive a summons simply post up here again with the details for further advice. The chances of this actually happening are extremely remote! So stop worrying and get on with your life.

paypal have not yet to my knowledge ever taken anyone to court.

You will get all sorts of telephone calls trying to get you to cough up the money from both paypal and whatever dca they are currently using.

With the phone calls - either ignore or hang up as soon as you know who it is. Any letters you can either bin, recycle or keep for a future laugh.

In the end paypal will simply write the debt off - but you will be barred from having another paypal account using your present details. Alter them slightly and you can have another account.

I suppose there is always a first for everything - so in the very unlikely event you receive a summons simply post up here again with the details for further advice. The chances of this actually happening are extremely remote! So stop worrying and get on with your life.

thank you honestly, however I am only 18...will that affect my credit on the future? only because I been frauded.

Paypal WONT do anything except shut downt he paypal account and get a silly DCA to send you 3-4 letters. They dont mark your credit file and dont go anywhere near a courtroom.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I will add, they have done this to me around 6 times since paypal first started. Even when i had a verified business account and had held that for almost 10 years. I simply told them via phone and email to take me to court on the others . This was back in 2008 so yeah.... they know they dont have a leg to stand on .

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D