Homeless Private Renting Tenancy Ending Next Week

Daniel182
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My neighbor's son and his friend have for the last year been renting with a private landlord who is now selling house. They were going to rent together again, but his friend changed his mind last week. Come Wednesday next week the neighbor's son will be homeless, and is friend he was renting with who owns a one bedroom flat which he was renting out is going back to it.

The major problem is in late 2014 my neighbor's son (I don't want to go into the ins and outs) ended up with a electronic monitoring tag for homegrown for himself.

He cannot afford to find a lump some to take out private on his own. He was made redundant and cannot get another job due to monitoring tag and community service. He cannot go back home to mums has she is sold up and moving away.

He did try and tell the courts and electronic monitoring tag company Friday gone about soon being homeless etc but no one wanted to know.

Anyone got any advise, what to do. who to go and see?

Many thanks

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

you can stay on in a private tenancy, not indefinately, but using 3rd sector organisations and "ehap" which is with the courts is the way to go. hopefully he gets something sorted, council temp accom is to be a last resort and avoided at all costs. Just make sure he contacts the right people and he cant be made accountable